Can anyone 1 cc Zero Gunner 2?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Just got it about a week ago, and I'm really digging it so far. So far I can only get through about 3 levels, maybe halfway through the fourth, on 1 credit on normal difficulty. The potential definitely seems to be there for a 1 cc, though.

Questions:
What is the best chopper, overall? Concentrated firepower or spread? How in hell do you beat the midboss in stage 5 (rotating crane-type things) without taking at least 1 or 2 deaths? Any other tips?

barf

Maxima's Barber
Impossible for me... i don t remember if i lost a credit before or not, but facing the final boss i lost a lot.

1cc is out of question for me, 1 life even less.

that s a long time since i last played that and ikaruga... i ll plug in the DC this weekend :)

Edit: I used to play with AH64 Apache (bottom page 10) since you get the strongest firepower of the 3 when you die and come back.

Last edited:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Great game, looks stunning through VGA :)

I tried to 1 credit it back in Januari, but then I bought Blazing Star and havn't played it since. Anyway my best run is 1,007,650 stage 1-7 with Hokum (arcade difficulty).

I'd say the Apache is the best ship to begin with since it's special is more like a normal 'bomb'.

Level 5 midboss : If your using the Apache just bomb. With the Hokum, try to stay at the bottom-left corner and take that crane out first, then the top crane and last the right one.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
...waiting for Verbatum jokes :D

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
MNK said:
Great game, looks stunning through VGA :)

I tried to 1 credit it back in Januari, but then I bought Blazing Star and havn't played it since. Anyway my best run is 1,007,650 stage 1-7 with Hokum (arcade difficulty).

I'd say the Apache is the best ship to begin with since it's special is more like a normal 'bomb'.

Level 5 midboss : If your using the Apache just bomb. With the Hokum, try to stay at the bottom-left corner and take that crane out first, then the top crane and last the right one.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have to admit that my only "strategy" for the 1-5 mid-boss so far is to do like you said, just slam the c-button with the Apache, since those things really can't take too much punishment. But with any other 'copter, I try to find a spot to sit and dodge from during the big attacks, and I just get overwhelmed, and end up dying two or three times in a row, at least.

I like the look and feel of the other two helicopters, but I keep coming back tot he Apache, due to the effectiveness of the special. I've noticed that my scores tend to be 30-50% higher with it on average. Though that's probably just eveidence of how bad I suck with the other two helicopters!

Thanks again for the advice! Great game, glad to hear from some good players!

@pixeljunkie- darn right, where is Verbatum with a 1cc when you need him? :lol:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
jro, also don't forget the replay function. It's really helpful to sit back and watch your own plays, finding safespots etc.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Have you not unlocked the super play on there yet? Quite a thing to watch, especially on the second loop.

Zero Gunner 2 is well done. I think it just feels 1CC attainable. That's how you know it's well designed. Great game. Actually my favorite on DC right above Ikaruga.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
I played the crap out this when it came out, great game. :buttrock:

I wussed out and played on one of lower settings. The Apache is definately the most effective of the three IMO, the bomb is very powerful and has almost immediate effect. The other two copters are cool but just don't cut it bomb wise.