neo geo aes console only loading a blue screen HELP ????

hello guys i have just purchased a neo geo aes console from japan and i have linked it all up and it has the power going to it because it atemps to load the games as a green screen flicks up then it just turns a blue coulor and does nothing after that i have 4 games for it and it just does the same on each one,the stepdown is good quality and new also the scart lead is a new one i purchased and i have also tried it with the original av leads.CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT AND GET MY AES CONSOLE TO LOAD THESE GAMES

I AM BRAND NEW TO ALL THIS NEO GEO STUFF IT WAS EXPENSIVE AND IM WORRIED

PLEASE GUYS

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've just bought a couple of games from Japan and had exactly the same problem. The cause was the surface of the game contacts becoming oxidised so there wasn't a clean contact between the game and the console. I guess it happens while they're on the plane where it's cold and maybe a little damp in the hold.

Try cleaning the contacts on the games first of all. I actually managed to get mine working just by inserting them a few times to remove any tarnishing on the contacts and now they work fine.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup, I suggest the same thing. Clean all contacts on carts and where they plug into on the AES.

Raz

nope no good i have even tried switching the neo geo on with no game and it goes straight to the blue screen again????

any more ideas and i only rubbed a cotton but on the conectors inside the machine.

thankyou

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Check all of the contacts in the AES where the cart plugs in, maybe one is bent out of place. Basically whats happening here is the BIOS is not seeing that there is a game plugged in.

Raz

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Getting a blue screen with no game is normal so don't worry about that. You'll probably need something more abrasive than a cotton bud to clean the contacts. Maybe something like fine emery paper would remove any layer of rust that has formed on the contacts to make them shiny and conductive. Haven't tried it myself so I don't know for sure.

but it even goes blue with no game so what do i clean?????

the cartridge slot????

please help im soo upset this cost me a bomb and its not working blue sceen with or without game

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
Clean the game contacts with a Q-Tip and alcohol and the cart slot with canned air.

cheers for all the input lads ive cleaned the cartridge with achohol and the cartridge slot aswell its still going to the blue screen?????

should i just give up and cut my losses im gutted and well upset this isnt loading up the games!

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
How much would you want to the system if you were going to get rid of it?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
You know that you live in scart land, how is your AES hooked up? And you wouldn't have debug bios by any chance?

Last edited:

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
neogeojames said:
should i just give up and cut my losses im gutted and well upset this isnt loading up the games!

Don't give up on it. There's not much wrong with it as you have the blue screen. Like Raz said, it's just not recognising that there is a cart in the slot. If no-one else has got any other suggestions you could always get someone else to take a look at it for you.

Seeing as you live in London your best bet would be to take it along to Raven Games . They'll be able to sort it out no problem.