Battle Garegga is absolutely breathtaking

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Words can’t begin to explain how amazed I am at this game. I don’t even know where to begin…the attention to detail is absolutely marvelous, the music reminds me of Streets of Rage 2 (in that club/techno music way), and the game itself is so ingenious in bullet patterns, backgrounds, enemy placement (remember when that tank in the beginning of level 2 rolls over that house? Awesome), etc…

The graphics are amazing, and IMO it isn’t until the third stage that the game starts to become really manic. That Cloud level was awesome, mainly because of the unrelenting minibosses and that lightning striking in the background…

After getting completely assraped on my first try, I played the game on Arcade mode and lied on my side the entire time (since I don’t want to mess up my TV) on the floor. I turned all the options on in the second menu, turned on free play, and then beat the game…but hot damn, this game is just amazing. Just thinking of the bullet patterns in the last two stages makes my head hurt; I wouldn’t mind shaking the hands of fellows who have actually 1CC’ed this game. What’s up with the last stage being at the airport, though? Thought it would have been at an enemy base or something :D And oh wow, when I thought I had actually beat the last boss, I put down the controller..and then its last form popped out and I got killed. This game is just absolutely amazing.

In NLI’s thread, I remember he asked about how to turn on colored (red) bullets…well, after beating the game in Arcade mode, I went to the Options menu and was surprised to see everything was in English! I copied down everything in English in the second menu (by pressing the R button) for those who could possibly be unaware of it:

Red Ball (changes color of bullets)
Guest Players (yup, I played as the 4 extra characters through my second time…changes the attitude of the game if you ask me, like that attack that summons the two devils who become one and bullet spray everywhere! Creative characters, that they are)
S-Option (no idea what this does)
Stage Edit
Small Hit Size
Easy Menu Mode

Well that’s all for now…my mercy, this game is amazing. My second favorite shmup of all time right now.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
While I acknowledge Radiant Silvergun's mastery and excellence (I'd rate this sucker 10/10), for me Battle Garegga is my FAVORITE Saturn shmup. It's just balls out fun man!

9.5/10

And if you liked this, IMHO right behind it is Raizing's other effort, Soukyugurentai! Game also deserves a 9.5/10 IMHO. It has Layer Section's implement of the "web system" that can destroy targets before they hit the "playing field."

But BG is just a good ole fashioned no-frills all-thrills balls out experience. Shooting nirvana :buttrock:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Does saturn have SVID out? I need to get a better cable so it doesn't look like complete shit on my 52" HDTV! I tried DC's SVID output, it looks really good actually, so much better than composite.

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
battle garegga is great

perfect medaling

really stylish graphics

and it'll keep me challenged for some time to come, i can only get up to stage 4 on one credit, and that's with high player stock.

my only gripe with it is hard to see bullets on some stages where they basically blend in with the stage and i die stupidly as a result of it.

Kiken

Camel Slug
There is actually a Super Play demonstration in the game that can be unlocked (I don't remember the criteria though). You select it from the title screen (the player breaks 16 million).

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
fucking amazing game , shame about that god dam ranking system , spoils this game

still amazing tho

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Kiken said:
There is actually a Super Play demonstration in the game that can be unlocked (I don't remember the criteria though). You select it from the title screen (the player breaks 16 million).

There are 2 super plays on the saturn disc - depending on which port your joypad is in.

I absolutely adore garegga, It is my favourite shooter.

Every now and again, I flip my widescreen telly over, ramp the volume back and just zone out for an hour or two, it really is immense.

I recently got the appreciate Dvd and am enjoying the replays therein.

Hopefully the new cave shooter, will be very garegga-esque.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Lastblade said:
Does saturn have SVID out? I need to get a better cable so it doesn't look like complete shit on my 52" HDTV! I tried DC's SVID output, it looks really good actually, so much better than composite.

Yes, you can buy a Saturn s-video cable.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hotdog storm is much better!

Why?

Because I'm hungy!

D

docvinh

I thought it was a pretty fun game.....I actually bought it new.:)