LB 2-in-1, Garou for PS2 - Out 12 May 2005

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Bakumatsu Roman: Last Blade 2-in-1
p_gekka01.jpg

p_gekka02.jpg

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
p_mov.jpg

Out for PS2 in Japan 12 May 2005, $65 a piece.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
$65!!!??? That's way too much. I'm just glad that I own all three games, fuck buying a port if you can buy the real thing. Shit I payed about $65 for both LB1 and LB2, and around $50 for MotW (I got them off Ebay, cart only)

Freelancer

Banned
$65 is high, but you're getting a lot for your money.
SVC Chaos (xbox) started out at $49.99 and quickly dropped to $29.99 several months later. I'm sure the same will probably happen here.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Tung Fu ru said:
$65!!!??? That's way too much. I'm just glad that I own all three games, fuck buying a port if you can buy the real thing. Shit I payed about $65 for both LB1 and LB2, and around $50 for MotW (I got them off Ebay, cart only)

That is a Japanese price converted to dollars. I think that is a pretty standard price for a game in Japan, like $50 here.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
$65 is a fairly standard price for PS2 games on release in Japan, especially with the dollar so weak at the moment. If these came out in the US, they'd be cheaper for sure.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
Nesagwa said:
Whens the US Xbox release eh?

never........or 6 months to a year after the Japanese PS2 ones.

now for those complaining about the $65 price.........it's standard and always has been for most Japanese PS2 releases. so it's not really a surprise. also, take a look at the games you're getting for the price.

not too damn bad considering there ARE people around without access to a Neo Geo system to purchase them on.

just be happy that SNK Neo Geo is still kicking in some way or another (and bringing 3 of the best Neo games to the masses once again).

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm curious as to whether they reprogrammed the LB1 port from the ground up. The slowdown made the PS1 version of the Last Blade almost unplayable. Still, it'd be nice if they kept the PS1 intro.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Yeah, that's the standard price for a JPN PS2 game.

Besides, how could you say it's a rip off considering what the home carts or even MVS carts can go for?

mark-art

NEST Puppet
Wow, hopefully this gets a stateside release. Kind of ironic since I just bought LB1 for my aes. Meh. I'll definately pick this up for LB2 tho, the cart goes for way to much. Same for Garou. Damn aes. heh.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
JHendrix said:
Yeah, that's the standard price for a JPN PS2 game.

Besides, how could you say it's a rip off considering what the home carts or even MVS carts can go for?

Thats my thinking.

I paid $112 for a mint LB1 JPN AES, & I want LB2 but Im not about to pay $300+ for it. Id happily pay $65 for LB 2-in-1 for PS2, it hopefully will be a good port as SNKP have been doing recently for PS2 (KOFs). It will especially good with those new PS2 neo sticks just released :drool_2:

I doubt these games will come out for xbox.... ever. but personally if I had an xbox id just get teh romz... but thats just me.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I hope that they really add some good stuff in there.

I can get THe MVS copies of those games for $130........

I don't pay more for ports than I do for Carts..

I expect them to be cheaper in the US........

JHendrix

norton9478 said:

MVS copies of those for $130? That's a bit ambitious I think, or if you're lucky enough to find someone with a bonnified gamers condition that doesn't demand a decent asking price.

Still, I'd pay up to $100 for MOTW if it were on XBox w/ Live. Same thing with LB2.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
If this were to make it to XBox Live I'd be on it like stink on shit. LB1 for everyone.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
JHendrix said:
Still, I'd pay up to $100 for MOTW if it were on XBox w/ Live. Same thing with LB2.

no way. $30-40 is reasonable for a 6+ year old game when the only new addition would be network play.

i don't see any reason to get either of these on ps2, garou and gekka were already some of the most graphically impressive games on the neo. no need for a rebout here.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
If there as good as KOF 00,01 was the PS2 then yes but if there like KOF03 then fuck no!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
eh, LB 1 and 2 are OLD, 30 tops for both, MOTWs may be worth 49 retail, but it's still old, i paid that for the dreamcast version when it came out.

SNK should just make a "our best fighters" compilation, and put all 6 games on 1 disc :kekeke:

but, xbox ports plz.

JHendrix

kafuin_gaira said:
no way. $30-40 is reasonable for a 6+ year old game when the only new addition would be network play.

i don't see any reason to get either of these on ps2, garou and gekka were already some of the most graphically impressive games on the neo. no need for a rebout here.

It was meant as a metaphore for how desparate I am for a good SNK fighter on Live.

Plus I <3 MOTW like no ones buisness. :)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
norton9478 said:

Well, you can get the MVS, but something like 99% of gamers out there don't have a MVS set-up but do have a PS2.

That being said, that price is for the IMPORT Japanese version, and remember how hard the $ sucks now. When they are released in USA and Europe they will possibly have a budget-price like 30$/€.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
neo_X7 said:
If there as good as KOF 00,01 was the PS2 then yes but if there like KOF03 then fuck no!

:spock:

I thought KOF 03 was perhaps the most impressive PS2 port yet. Certainly a step above the ports of 00 and 01. Am I missing something?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
gmw said:
:spock:

I thought KOF 03 was perhaps the most impressive PS2 port yet. Certainly a step above the ports of 00 and 01. Am I missing something?

Visually, the 02 port is not very good as well, so add that to the list. If you let the Neo version and the port run side by side, the PS2 version really makes you puke with all those worn-out sprites where you can hardly make out facial expressions. The 2k2 DC port is much better.

I agree about 2k3, IMO it's one of the best SNKP PS2 port so far (technically speaking).

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
MVS copies of those for $130? That's a bit ambitious I think, or if you're lucky enough to find someone with a bonnified gamers condition that doesn't demand a decent asking price.

The Stigma of of owning/playing Ports is worse than the stigma of owning/playing Gamer MVS carts.

Break it down like this:

Garou can be had for $80
I bet you could get both Last Blades for $50 total if you looke around...