New NBC Vid in this weeks update

Great videos. The game should be quite sweet.

I wish I could understand Japanese.

Will this game ever get a console port? I am sure finding it at an arcade will be difficult.

Freelancer

Banned
snkneogeocd said:
Great videos. The game should be quite sweet.

I wish I could understand Japanese.

Will this game ever get a console port? I am sure finding it at an arcade will be difficult.

It will likely be ported at some point. SVC and the last two KOF's made it to home consoles, so I have no reason to believe this one won't.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
damage looks like its been tweaked in the latest vid which is encouraging, especially d-assault damage which seems to mainly do shadow damage and not real damage.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
It would be badass if that music that was in the video was actually in the game. And who does Yuki turn into with that dragon punch move? Looks like Robert....

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Mr.Nemoperson said:
It would be badass if that music that was in the video was actually in the game. And who does Yuki turn into with that dragon punch move? Looks like Robert....
Looks more like Duke from Burning Fight.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
that vid blows.
i know it was just a practice mode with the new guy, but it wasn't very entertaining.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
that vid blows.
i know it was just a practice mode with the new guy, but it wasn't very entertaining.

I agree... I was sitting there thinking "do something.... do SOMETHING".

And it is Duke, BTW.

Finally, I loved the start up screen flash. Nice tribute. But, I can't help but think that the animation was lame for him. Bleh. I've been impressed by the vids so far, but not this one.

Spike

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Spike Spiegel said:
Finally, I loved the start up screen flash. Nice tribute. But, I can't help but think that the animation was lame for him. Bleh. I've been impressed by the vids so far, but not this one.

Agreed... :D Did anyone else notice during the double team move about 14 sec. into the movie, it sounds like part of NGPC boot tune is played... or am I on crack?

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Orochi Iori Y said:
Agreed... :D Did anyone else notice during the double team move about 14 sec. into the movie, it sounds like part of NGPC boot tune is played... or am I on crack?
It does sound like just the beginning of the NGPC boot tune is played, indeed... It's very brief though.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This game just keeps looking better and better. I love Yuki's moves and all those little Neo-Geo bits.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Who wants to earn the undying (a least for a couple weeks) appreciation of the community by translating the new stories? I can't make it through much of the kanji...

From Terry's story: It's been 10 years since Maximum Mayhem King of Fighters (in RBFF...and actually, it WILL be 10 years this December...feel old...). Goes on to explain a bit about Terry and Rock (and mentions Second South), although it's beyond what I can read.

From Geese's story: "G-Geese Howard?! But, you're dead..." Don't know who's saying that.

From Rock's story: "Well, let's go, Terry!"

Thus endeth what I can make out of it apart from the occasional kanji or sentence fragment.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
To bad the video is in such low quality. When some of the more detailed moves are executed it just blurs.. :/

Also noticed the NGPC-bootup. Awesome!
I think i´ll go play some NGPC now, hehe.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I just noticed that Yuki said "I am not boy" at the end of the vid... that was the advertising slogan for the NGPC over here:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/artwork.shtml

Scroll down and look at the NGPC scan in the adverts bit of that page. Nice touch that :)

I am really digging that music! :buttrock:

Kaz

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Kazuya_UK said:
I just noticed that Yuki said "I am not boy" at the end of the vid... that was the advertising slogan for the NGPC over here:

Scroll down and look at the NGPC scan in the adverts bit of that page. Nice touch that :)

Kaz

That's a sharp ear Kazuya...I couldn't play the video over loud speakers at work so I had a listen to it right now and sure enough that's what he's said.

Kickass.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK said:

Kaz

awesome.
NGp love there man.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
I know you have problems viewing vids sometimes, but maybe this will work for ya.
Thanks for the thought... Mostly, I was just commenting about not wanting to register a Gamespy account (as I think NeoCverA was also doing). It's the weirdest thing, but Gamespot always freezes up my IE (and I'm too lazy to find some way around it). Sometimes, it just isn't meant to be. But I appreciate the intent. Anyhow, I've seen all the other videos, so I'm fine. The game definitely looks to be shaping into something good.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
I don´t understand why they choose to display matches between people who obviously don´t know shit about how to play the game...

Looks like the AI plays itselfs :P

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
wow these vids from KOF cyberfanatic are awesome. SNKP made a great job redrawing these sprites. the game *looks* very different from KOF. and the jumps seem as good as 3rd Strike jumps. cool.