AOU Expo pictures (NGBC,Japan arcade pictures)

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Here is the link for my pictures of the AOU Expo held at Makuhari Messe last weekend.
You can go to the pictures when you click on the picture of the AOU on the main page.
There are some NGBC pics of course, aswell as some other cool stuff.
Also, please check the pictures of arcade gaming in Japan at the links shown above the AOU pics and of course all the other pics on the site from 2003,2004 and 2005.
The Akihabara pics and retro pics are the best imo.

The website is www.nozomi.nl

Cheers

Ken

Freelancer

Banned
This is awesome!
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love arcade/coin-op games! Glad to see that the industry is still somewhat alive in Japan.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Raiden!

Also, does it look like the NBC character select has 2 spaces to fill in still?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
SouthtownKid said:
Raiden!

At first I thought you meant that you saw Raiden in NGBC and my hopes went uber high.

Now I'm thinking you're talking about some stupid shump, and it's making me sad cause you had my hopes up.

Freelancer

Banned
JHendrix said:
At first I thought you meant that you saw Raiden in NGBC and my hopes went uber high.

Now I'm thinking you're talking about some stupid shump, and it's making me sad cause you had my hopes up.

Raiden III? Stupid shmup?
Despite the fact it's running on the WinXP-based Taito TypeX hardware, I have high hopes for Raiden III (as do many others).

JHendrix

Freelancer said:
Raiden III? Stupid shmup?
Despite the fact it's running on the WinXP-based Taito TypeX hardware, I have high hopes for Raiden III (as do many others).

Sorry, you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

1.) I don't like shumps, so I really wouldn't know.
2.) I just had my hopes crushed from being so high.

I mean all of a sudden realizing that he wasn't talking about the SNK Raiden being in NGBC and it was about a shump, well it just kind of flowed out "stupid shump" cause I was kind of bummed.

I'm sure Raiden is all that and a bag of chips if shumps are your thing. My apologies if I offended the shump peeps here.

BTW, what's wrong with it running on XP based hardware? PC's are far more capable and easier to program for than any console out there home or arcade.

Freelancer

Banned
JHendrix said:
BTW, what's wrong with it running on XP based hardware? PC's are far more capable and easier to program for than any console out there home or arcade.

Nothing really wrong with it really...it's a low cost arcade platform with the games being distributed on (from what I hear) hard drives and flash drive attachments. A few games are already underway for the TypeX hardware (a 2D fighter, Raiden III, etc) so if this helps to keep arcade games affordable and viable, fine.

But I've played a few native Windows shmups and they generally feel "off" for some reason. That's my biggest fear...I don't want Raiden III to turn out like some $10 shareware PC title with weird control and SGI-esque graphics.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Freelancer said:
SGI-esque graphics.

Don't talk shit about the little blue toaster of my heart.

JHendrix

Freelancer said:
Nothing really wrong with it really...it's a low cost arcade platform with the games being distributed on (from what I hear) hard drives and flash drive attachments. A few games are already underway for the TypeX hardware (a 2D fighter, Raiden III, etc) so if this helps to keep arcade games affordable and viable, fine.

But I've played a few native Windows shmups and they generally feel "off" for some reason. That's my biggest fear...I don't want Raiden III to turn out like some $10 shareware PC title with weird control and SGI-esque graphics.

This is OT, but don't worry. It feeling off is only because of amature programmers, not because of the hardware it's on. :)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:

Sorry about that, Chief... Yeah, I was talking about the stupid shmup.

I'm not a huge fan of shooters, but Raiden is one of the few series that transcends the genre (in my mind) and is always fun to play, even for a non-shooter fan like me.

ericb

NEST Puppet
Wow, those pics are soooo cool... thanks for sharing.

I have a love/hate relationship with pictures from Japan like those ones, because it's just gives me the worst blueballs. I'm so broke/in debt (because of this goddamned hobby) that I am not going to be able to go to Japan any time soon, but boy, would I ever like to.

Thanks again for sharing.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:

J, when you have the urge to say anything, just resist said urge and don't touch the keyboard. thanks.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
ORPHEUS said:
J, when you have the urge to say anything, just resist said urge and don't touch the keyboard. thanks.

100% Agreed

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
This is OT, but don't worry. It feeling off is only because of amature programmers, not because of the hardware it's on. :)

rofl classic

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
3 things.

A) I'm sad I will probably never play NGBC ever in my life

B) cute japanese booth babes.

C) MARIO KART GP MOTHER FUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I wanted to see what that Alien game looked like :confused:

And what was that sega 2d fighting game?

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Raiden!

To me it looked like 3 spaces if you could the odd shaped block under the time counter.

Matt