Neo-Geo CD Bios question

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi,

Im just pondering if I should do a Universe Bios for the NeoGeo CD system. I just wonder if anyone can tell me if the Bios is soldered to the PCB or in a socket? Is it also possible that some system have a socket and other are Soldered? A pic of the Bios on the system would be great.

Regards, Raz

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
You would RULE if you did this.

Top Loader and CDZ are both surface mount soldered.

The front loader is a dip soldered.

I dont think I have any pics, but I may have one.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I can provide some more info and pics in a few days when I get some days off.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Good stuff, some pics would be great.

Raz

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I know the top loader and CDZ are surface mounted, so it would be a task much like the MV1C would be. Doable, but not something everyone should attempt.

Raz - drop me an email - I may have a spare CD system you could borrow to do some testing on.

Jeff

Gallean

Kuroko's Training Dummy
hello,

i'm new in there so simple question...any bios like this could allow me to make my cdz in english ?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
JMKurtz said:
I know the top loader and CDZ are surface mounted, so it would be a task much like the MV1C would be. Doable, but not something everyone should attempt.

Raz - drop me an email - I may have a spare CD system you could borrow to do some testing on.

Jeff

I will drop you a mail once Im ready to start looking at it, thanks for the offer.

Raz

Gallean

Kuroko's Training Dummy
hmm strange on my old neo-geo cd (us) i had no censored mode with my actual console all is censored in us game...Hope the unibios will solve this :)