Help, how do I get screen captures/video to my PC from my consoles

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Hey,

I need some help folks. I wanna start to making videos of my game "feats," and get some screen captures of in-game art and make them into slick desktop backgrounds. Thing is, I don't know where to start in making this happen. I want to transfer all of it into a digital medium right onto my PC, so I can get the cleanest possible videos and screen captures. Thanks in advance.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Using an emulator would probably be the easiest route... unless you plan to make videos of games that aren't emulated yet.

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
If you got a DVD player/writer you can record your games and just edit them on your PC.

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
Your best bet is either emulators or a TV capture card and Svideo cables for all consoles where possible.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Vectorman0 said:
This tutorial I made, covers mainly the software aspect, so you may want to take a look at it if you take the capture card route.

http://thevectorman.net/ge/method.htm
Excellent tutorial man. I'll definitely get the stuff together.

I'm looking to capture videos/screens of not only my NEO stuff, but my modern stuff like R-Type Final, VF4, and GGXX#R, in which emulators wouldn't be much help. Thanks for the advice and the help folks. Hopefully I'll have stuff to show you in the coming months.