PDA

View Full Version : New NGBC video!

Amano Jacu
02-17-2005, 04:07 AM
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/download/index.html

There's also the Fatal Fury games in the Museum section.

hateful_liar
02-17-2005, 04:24 AM
Very nice, thanks for the heads up.

Not really digging that sound effect when a character does a sdm. Sounds like a lightsaber muffled by a pillow.

SouthtownKid
02-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Not really digging that sound effect when a character does a sdm.Wonder Twin powers -- ACTIVATE!

So the FF characters' profiles come from RBS...that explains Mai's DM in the last video, but Terry doesn't seem to be his RBS self. He doesn't even have Rising Tackle, does he?

JHendrix
02-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Wow, is it just me or do the sprites look a bit nicer in this? Not just the new stuff, I mean like old sprites ala Kyo, etc.

I hope this plays along the lines of KOF2k3 just w/o the broken Duo-Lon.

neo>all
02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/download/index.html

There's also the Fatal Fury games in the Museum section.

sweet! :drool:

Alex0916
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Not really digging that sound effect when a character does a sdm. Sounds like a lightsaber muffled by a pillow.It doesn't sound all that bad to me. I really like that BG that Hanzo and Cyber Woo are fighting on. I can't wait for this game. *scratches both arms like a fiend*

FrostbayneAucti
02-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Cyber Woo looks bad ass though. Digging his little controller guy/girl (couldn't tell)

AKscrube
02-17-2005, 07:39 PM
i like how after Cyber Woo gets knocked out, Ai comes in...i like that, instead of one character dies = you're done

Fygee
02-17-2005, 07:42 PM
This game utterly reeks of cool. The way the sprites move, particualrly the new ones, look fantastic, and the SDMs look very impressive. The sound effect for them is a little weird, but not too bad.

I'm a little disappointed with the music. It sounds nice from a technical standpoint, particularly since it sounds like they through in a few Neo-Geo sounding instruments in there, but it sounds like its utterly devoid of any kind of melody. Reminds me of KOF '01...not a good thing. On the plus side though, its a little less sugary and synthy like Studio Aqua's recent soundtracks.

Blue Steel
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
i like how after Cyber Woo gets knocked out, Ai comes in...i like that, instead of one character dies = you're done
I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet, remember it's not been released yet, so who knows how the system is actually going to work? Remember all the pics of the fatalities on the SS0S website, and then when the game was released for the AES the fatalities magically vanished.

KRONOS
02-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Not really digging that sound effect when a character does a sdm. Sounds like a lightsaber muffled by a pillow.

I hear ya. I thought the same thing when I went to the 'Naval' location test. Sounded like a vaccum cleaner finishing off a hamster. Terrible.

Blue Steel
02-18-2005, 12:41 AM
The noise is just different from what we're used to. I'm sure it will grow on us. To me it sounds like a ray gun of sorts.

Jedah Doma
02-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Wow, looks like a damn fine game. It looks like what Capcom Evolution wishes it could have been.

Blue Steel
02-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Wow, looks like a damn fine game. It looks like what Capcom Evolution wishes it could have been.
No, Capcom hasn't put effort into anything new in years. SNK Playmore is actually making new sprites (Asura, Marco, Cyber Woo, etc.).

neogeojames
02-18-2005, 01:58 AM
is ngbc a new name for kof 2005?

it looks really impressive

Orpheus
02-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Jesus fucking Christ.
Yet again, the video does not work.
Could someone mirror that shit please.
Thanks.

Mark of the Wolves
02-18-2005, 08:01 PM
is ngbc a new name for kof 2005?

it looks really impressive

No.

And this looks like the best 2D fighting game in a long time. If only all the sprites were new...

geekabilly
02-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Hell ya Metal Slug zombie blood attack!!! :buttrock:

Orpheus
02-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Once again, could someone PLEASE mirror this vid?
Thanks.

Yamazaki_RJ
02-19-2005, 11:21 PM
After saw this, I'm impressed. The bad/badly done ideas from previous games made me sceptical about SNKP's creative abilities, but Marco is well done! :)
And Hanzo too, although his voice isn't all impressive...

What a strange sound a DM execution is making... What the hell... :conf:

AztekNinja
02-19-2005, 11:56 PM
That stage where CyberWoo fights is tight...the fucken' head in the background is dope. Anyone known when this game will hit cades in the U.S?