Magician Lord is really good!

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
I've played this game on emu a few times. I played it for 2 minutes then threw it. Now i got it with my AES-system and i also got a memory card recently so i decided to give it a go. I'm at the 5:th boss now and my opinion about the game has changed.

It actually rather good, the gameplay is good. It's not a regular plattformer, more of a shooter. Sometimes it even reminds me of Super metroid but with more action.

The music is great, 4:th level track rocks. And the graphics are dated but still pretty nice.

But the best with this game is the challenge, most bosses will take alot of practice to defeat. If you even reach to them. The bosses will take tactics and strategy to defeat, you can't win by just using rapid fire.

Anyway, this game is way better than i expected. Not fantastic, not bad, but good. And cheap for that matter. If you like challenges, go get it.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
You can't get by the first level? Then you have no way of beating level 7 which is a royal bitch. If you can beat the game then you are a gaming god. I am not talking about the super easy CD version. The cartridge version is the super bitch because you have to beat a boss on one life while you can use multiple lives to beat a boss in the CD version. Level 8 is all bosses and the last boss while not as hard as the boss from stage 7 is a real bastard. :(

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I cant get past the cloud level on skill level #1 on my MVS.
Its a very nostalgic game for me , I remember seeing it in 7-11s and some srcades when it came out.

A neat game but damn its hard ! , and I usually burn out on it after about an hour of getting my ass handed to me.

But I still love this game !

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The cloud level? You mean level 7? That is a bastard level with an even bigger bastard boss. If you manage to win, then you will be very proud of yourself. I spentdays learning this games secrets. Now, I don't even think about what I do. I just know excatly what to do without putting any thought into it. It is like I am programmed. :)

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I love Magician Lord to death but I'm sure it will cause both my heart and brain to explode due to severe stress and frustration!! Could this game be any more difficult?I will beat it if it kills me!!! AGAIN CHANGES TO HELL!!

Yagami.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
its a piece of piss to beat ML

once you know what to do,its damn EASY

"and the graphics are dated"

after like 11 years i put it on and it still amazes me,just like it did back then

lets talk about the ENTIRE level 3

dated?

dated my ass

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
I'm on the next level now, hallway to hell or something like that. And i'm very frustrated, i have seen the mid-boss or the pre-boss once, but i didn't last long...

Fran > I don't know if your ass is dated, but the graphics are surely dated. Some of the levels look very nice and the whole game is pretty beutiful. But the animations (climbing ladders with the ninja character?) and some other stuff feels very old.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I love Magician Lord so much and that's the only few titles I didn't sell in 96/97....

I think anyone who can beat Nam-75 (Fran) or AOF2 is game god.........

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Magician Lord is something special and I wish we would have gotten a sequel.