6-slot power supply needed

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I'm thinking about replacing my power supply for my 6-slot machine to see if it will clear up some problems I'm having with it (low sound, some game freezing). I read in another forum that these require specific power supplies since they are so large. If so, which one is recommended and where can I get one from?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I believe this is the power supply that is found in my six slot big red cab.

Also, you might think about replacing the isolation transformer is you think the problems that you're experiencing may be due to noise in the system, although that's sort of doubtful.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
NEgO MANIAC said:
I'm thinking about replacing my power supply for my 6-slot machine to see if it will clear up some problems I'm having with it (low sound, some game freezing). I read in another forum that these require specific power supplies since they are so large. If so, which one is recommended and where can I get one from?

After thinking about it a little, it sounds like the place to start might be by checking the pot that controls your volume (I'm guessing that's what controls it), and by giving the slots in your board a thorough cleaning. hardmvs.com should have fairly good instructions on the slot cleaning stuff.