Fatal Fury Image Album

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Has anyone ever seen this with an obi before? I did for the first time today. I was under the impression that because it is a special box set that there is no spinecard in the first place, but the paper box and everything were missing as well. It resembled an ordinary OST with case, obi and disc. Would have bought it had the spine not had about a quarter removed.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
I've got both the regular edition and the first pressing of this CD. I had Mikado Laser Japan (in San Francisco's Japan Town Mall) special order the CD for me in 1994 (iirc), several months after its release -- which meant that I missed out on the first pressing. Purchased brand new, the regular edition consisted of the CD, booklet, customer reply hagaki card, and obi (black, with red & white text).

I only managed to acquire the first pressing a few years ago, when I happened to stumble across a $7.00 used copy at the Book Off in Torrance, Calif. -- prior to this, I hadn't even been aware of the first pressing's existence. The first pressing was identical to the regular edition, with the following exceptions:

> no obi
> "book-case"-style illustrated cardboard slipcover
> 6-page full-color sticker book
> protective clear vinyl slipcase with resealable adhesive flap (with a large red ovaloid sticker on the front, proclaiming the 2 bonuses for buying the first pressing: the book-case slipcover and the sticker book)

Since the used copy I bought still had the original clear vinyl slipcase and customer reply hagaki card, I had always assumed that the first pressing never had an obi of any kind -- with the exception of some unfortunate sunfading on the spine of the book-case slipcover, the original owner appeared to have taken great pains to keep all the original parts of this first pressing together.

--Chris

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Hm, interesting. Thanks. I really thought all of them came with the stickerbook and such like mine did. I bought that back in '99 or so when I began getting more heavily into game soundtracks and hadn't seen the regular version up until last night. Also never seen the first-press with the clear sleeve.