KOF 94 Rebout to come to the US

TerryB800

War Room Troll
I was wondering if SNKP would ever bring this one to the US, so I e-mailed them
directly. The next day I recieved this response:

"Someday, yes. Probably for Xbox Live within one year."

I guess you can consider that confirmation.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Great. seems like they do make money out of X-Box ports.

I lent my friend's copy few days back and the BGs were astounishing. not that they're graphically good or something, but they put a lot of thoughts on them and the implementation/excution was very well done. it also contains a lot of interesting info such as a summary of the Orochi and NESTS sagas and other story-related stuff explained in details.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Xbox eh... I don't think that they are going to make much on an Xbox port of the game really, if they could get the game by sony usa that would be their best bet of making some decent money on it in the us. This game doesn't have Ken and Ryu in it so it won't sell as well in the US market on a a system with a smaller install base... :kekeke: They should just do a 10th anniversary boxed set with KoF94 rebout and strait ports of 95-99 and sell it for $100 (PS2 of course) and maybe add some sort of slick extra in there like a best of ost. But hey, I am dreaming ;)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yar... I was hoping for a link to a company official announcement. Instead it's just another speculative Ben Herman e-mail.

Arg. Now I won't be able to stand it. It's worse than when they told us Eiji and Rugal were playable in the 2k1 port.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I never even knew that this game was oriinaly intended to be jap only. I thought a U.S. version was about to drop.
The fact that the reverse is true and that we will have to wait an ungodly time agaoin for this game (as with all P games) is proof enough that playmore doesn't deserve to exist. By the time this shit comes out the PS2 will be obsolete shit just as the case with the whole metal slug advance/ GBA fiasco.

Fuck P.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
I never even knew that this game was oriinaly intended to be jap only. I thought a U.S. version was about to drop.
Yeah, for all 12 of us.

I'd like to get it as much as you, but who exactly do you think the market would be for that game in the US? Don't hold your breath for Xbox, either.

And I'm not sure why you're blaming Playmore. If there was demand for the game here, and if SCEA wanted 2D games on shelves, I'm sure SNKP would love to sell some. But demand is low, and this game wasn't big in the US even back in '94.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
my lttle cousin copied this game for ps2 and it really sucks. never liked kof 94 to start with, i started liking kof since 95 and rebout is even worse than the neo 94 version.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someday? Probably? What does it take to port these games over? I can't imagine it being a herculean effort. Waiting for XBL support is fine, but this long?

Ben Herman is a twat.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
my lttle cousin copied this game for ps2 and it really sucks. never liked kof 94 to start with, i started liking kof since 95 and rebout is even worse than the neo 94 version.

wow

Kof94 is one of my favs

may your soul burn in hell

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
haha every body got his own opinion. i find it mediocre at best. thats all.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
haha every body got his own opinion. i find it mediocre at best. thats all.

Well, KOF94 rules, but the "makeover" they gave this game sucks so much.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Pill said:
Someday? Probably? What does it take to port these games over? I can't imagine it being a herculean effort. Waiting for XBL support is fine, but this long?

Ben Herman is a twat.
Hey, Phill, don't be a fucking jag. SNK USA has zero programmers, so what does Ben Herman have to do with it? It's up to Playmore of Japan to decide if they want to bring it here, and since not even all of the hardcore fans (Musollini, for example) would buy the game, and probably NO people who aren't SNK fans would buy the game, it's probably not in their best interests to do it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
ORPHEUS said:
The fact that the reverse is true and that we will have to wait an ungodly time agaoin for this game (as with all P games) is proof enough that playmore doesn't deserve to exist. By the time this shit comes out the PS2 will be obsolete shit just as the case with the whole metal slug advance/ GBA fiasco.

Fuck P.

Be happy you don't live in Europe... :help:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
A remake can't succeed if 99% of the gaming public doesn't recognize what the hell is being remade. It isn't Ben Herman, or SNKP's fault this time - the demand simply isn't there in the US. I hate it too, but just try to be realistic guys.