quick simpsons pcb question

bigb32

Quiz Detective
I want to get the simpsons pcb and i would be playing it on a supergun, so i know i would need the 2 player eprom version. I just wanted to know if you are still able to choose from all 4 characters, even though you will only be playing 2 players. Does the same apply to TMNT?

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
2 player versions let you choose your character, while the 4 player version is set per player. On Xmen the 2 and 4 player version lets you select any character, but the 6 player version is hard set.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Reznor007 said:
2 player versions let you choose your character, while the 4 player version is set per player. On Xmen the 2 and 4 player version lets you select any character, but the 6 player version is hard set.

How do you get two player versions then, do you have to get someone to download and burn the roms on to chips?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why not just get a plastic Dsub 15pin male connector, a Konami extra player harness and some wire.

Make a 3rd and 4th Controll ports for cheap....

bigb32

Quiz Detective
Reznor007 said:

So if I understand it right, if i get an X-men pcb, i can get either the 4-player or 2 player version and both should work fine on a supergun?

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
If the main thing you are going for is being able to select the characters yourself, then 2/4 player Xmen, and 2 player versions of Simpsons, Turtles, and Turtles 2.

Of course, building the adapter to use your controller on the 3rd/4th player connector is probably better since you could do 4 player if you have enough controllers.