March 12th -- Cherry Hill Armory -- STICKY THIS!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
There's a coin op auction on March 12th at the Cherry Hill Armory in NJ. Opens at 8, bring your own cords.

Lots of CPS machines and neos are usually there, along with the usual lot of slots, pins and assorted goodies.

If you need directions or info, drop me a line here or on my email account.

Quick Tips for buying machines:

Know who the owner is to avoid shill bidding... also look who they lurk around, they shill bid -- A LOT.

bring cords to power up your machines.

Don't get attached to a machine and wear it on your sleeve, the ops will read it and RAPE you for it.

Open up you machines and examine the wiring. Is it converted? Check the solder points and power supply. Look for scorching and sloppy wiring.

If you're going for MVS carts, WATCH OUT FOR BOOTS. You can examine the lots before the auction.

Brink CASH.. and remember the buyer's fees.

Keep an eye out for oddities, these things are notorious for weird/wild stuff showing up.

Bring your license to get a bidding number.

Know what games are JAMMA and which are proprietary if you're looking for a conversion cab.

If you're going for an MVS cab, there's a stocky asian guy that shows up at EVERY NJ auction and buys up the MVS cabs. He has the MONEY and the NUTS to drive you up high. If he's bidding on your machine.. WALK AWAY you will not win or will pay WAY TOO much for what you want.

Keep that one under your hat though.

Also, watch out for a guy who's got gray hair and more chest hair thana gorilla. It's Bob Borden, a greaseball operator who is a NOTORIOUS shill and he unloads CRAP at these auctions. He also wears a HUGE gold pinball medallion around his neck. Find out his number and AVOID him unless you know what you are bidding on or think you can take the risk. He *will* fuck you in more ways than one.

Keep an open mind for projects.. most can be picked up for under $50.

There are MANY GOOD DEALS that go by at these things. Hell, A DDR machine went for $100 a few auctions ago.

I may be there, if anyone wants to meet up.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Just wanted to say that VTs tips were amazingly helpful in getting my 4 slot for 240 bid (290 after tax and fees) and my friends 4 slot for 250 (300) because it wasn't booting but we determined the PSU had an on/off switch, so we flipped it on, checked out ok then put it back how we found it.

I try to always bring a screwdriver to open back panels if I can, some guys don't really like you snooping around so much. Also the auction by us has gotten really stingy about pictures but I still try and snap as many as I can until they ask me to stop.

There is an auction March 5th here in Knoxville, I know not too many people live around here but I'll be there.

Really though I'm just here to say thanks to VT and tell the rest of you to listen to him his tips were helpful, except the gorilla guy ;) he doesn't come to my auctions.

shir0

Later, Gumm0
lithy said:
Just wanted to say that VTs tips were amazingly helpful in getting my 4 slot for 240 bid (290 after tax and fees) and my friends 4 slot for 250 (300) because it wasn't booting but we determined the PSU had an on/off switch, so we flipped it on, checked out ok then put it back how we found it.

I try to always bring a screwdriver to open back panels if I can, some guys don't really like you snooping around so much. Also the auction by us has gotten really stingy about pictures but I still try and snap as many as I can until they ask me to stop.

There is an auction March 5th here in Knoxville, I know not too many people live around here but I'll be there.

Really though I'm just here to say thanks to VT and tell the rest of you to listen to him his tips were helpful, except the gorilla guy ;) he doesn't come to my auctions.

I might want to ride down with you when you go.

I'm in NJ and will probably go to this, how do you guys usually get this stuff home? Do you have cargo vans or rent a uhaul or something like that?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Considering the auction place is like 5 minutes from my house I may show up. A few of my friends from work are always interested in going to these things too.

Don't think I'll buy any cabs but if a Neo board is up for sale cheap I may hop on it. :)

Tacitus

Staff member
JHendrix said:
Considering the auction place is like 5 minutes from my house I may show up. A few of my friends from work are always interested in going to these things too.

Don't think I'll buy any cabs but if a Neo board is up for sale cheap I may hop on it. :)

Let me know what you're going to do, I'll see if Rev is up.

Tacitus

Staff member
lithy said:

Thanks man, nice to know it was a big help and I didn't type all of those up a while ago for nothing.

I may start a FAQ or something on arcade buying for the site if other people want help.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
VanillaThunder said:
Let me know what you're going to do, I'll see if Rev is up.

I'll know for sure as the date approaches. I probably won't stay for the whole thing, but at least for a while to play on some cabs. :)

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I'm going to try and make this. I may have to go to L.A. for work but if not I'll be there.

Mike

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
We should try to use it as a way of having another neo get together. I would even have no problem having it at my apartment this time, if you want to bring the projector. I'm about 25-30 minutes away from the auction.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmm..

I may go..
My dad wants to buy a Pinball Machine..I have to see if he's up to it..

NeoGeo Hunter

Fio's Quartermaster
I wish can could but living in Des Moines, IA its too far off my list, but anyway sounds pretty cool and I hope all of you NJ-neo-geo people have a good times.
I've always hope to buy my first neo-geo cap one of these days.

Over here in Des Moines, state fairground its only reserved for cows,pigs,chickens,sheeps and mostly and only for a livestocks show only. :crying: this is what we get for being a country folks.