MVS protos from roms

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Has anyone succesfully made any MVS or AES carts from ROMs? I am not talking about bootleging here, I am talking about impossible on MVS or AES to find. Such as ghostlop or zintrick (the rommed version not the cd).

Say you had some boards that had corrupted roms or something, couldn't you desolder the roms, burn the games in question (protos or something), and then put them on the boards in the proper place (just like an aes conversion).

I understand people may be hesitant to discuss this, bc it would be the same process to make bootlegs, but I would really like to know if anyone has attempted this. Successful or otherwise.

Other than the sacrificing a game thing (which is really moot if the game doesn't work anyway), what would be the big deal when zintrick and ghostlop will never be released and people would like to play them. I am interested for personal purposes only and would never try to market such an item, because that would be stealing, like people who sell romz on ebay.

thx much
-DT

Last edited:

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
details?? snafus?? Did anyone post a site about the process? I understand how it would be done, I would just like a little bit more info about it.

thx
-DT

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Ghostlop has been put on to mvs and aes cartridges by some members here...
I have Ghostlop on mvs....

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
You basically have to have the same type of knowledge as doing a conversion, which carts are compatible and such. You also have to know how to get eproms burned. I had my eproms burned by a board member and I did the conversion work myself on an SS2 cart for a working Ghostlop. By the way the Zintrick that is out is a CD to cart hack, not exactly the cart version of the game.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Right. I understand about burning roms, and placing roms in correct positions on the board. What about jumper settings? Anyone tried making a zintrick cart?? I know NeoPong 1.1 has been done and ghostlop. Both are fun games, but I don't know how anxious I would be to sacrifice a cart to them, unless it already didn't work for some reason... then maybe. Probably still not neopong.

-DT

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
ghostlop mvs here too...

sorry, I paid for mine....no knowledge on the actual "how to" stuff...

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
What I'd like to know is if its possible to put these protos..like say ghostlop onto CD for the NGCD system..? I know in theory its possible...there is a NGCD homebrew demo...but has anyone ever tried or accomplished putting Ghostlop onto CD?

If not does anyone think they can?

Just curious little questions I'm always pondering heh.