xbox mod chip advice

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Sorry for the unrelated tech question.

Can anyone point me to the instructions to install the Aladin DUO X2 xbox mod chip ?

Last edited:

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Well,

You could check out this link, but I'm not sure if your chip is in there? Not much of a install manual on that link you posted?

http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips.php

Are you having a problem with it? You need to find out what version Xbox you have as well? Soldering it will be a pain in the ass, but do able if your handy with a soldering iron & desoldering tool? I went with the Xenium Ice Solderless chip on a 1.0 version, took longer to take my xbox apart than to install it.

Dreamcazman

New Challenger
The Duox 2 is very easy to install. I've done a few 1.6's with this chip and it works very well. Nothing flash, but it gets the job done.

That site you posted a link to contains the diagrams needed for installation.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Thanks guys, i havent had a chance to check the installation link yet.

Tell me, what is the toggle switch for on the duox2 module.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It has a dual bios function that allows you to switch between different Xbox bios.

the chip came pre flashed with EvoX on bank 1 and X2 bios on bank 2, its easy to tell which bios you are booting from.

http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/122

These are just bios on the chip that allows you to do more than the MS one will allow. The X2 one is much better bios than the Evox one. I use the X2 4983.06 bios + Evox dashboard on my 1.0v Xbox w/ Samsung 160 GB HD.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=337714&hl=xecutor+2+bios+for+larger+hd

I think if your not happy with the pre flashed bios on this chip, you can flash either bank with the ones you want? I could be wrong though? :smirk:

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
I get the Aladin Duo X2 mod chip, work out the version (1.1) download the instructions, remove the cover and find it already has an Apple X V mod chip installed. Turns out that neither the owner or myself knew how to activate the other bios :oh_no: :oh_no:
Its just a case of holding the power up button for a few seconds - works fine. There must be a moral to this story, certainly a learning curve for me :)

Dreamcazman

New Challenger
ttooddddyy said:
remove the cover and find it already has an Apple X V mod chip installed. Turns out that neither the owner or myself knew how to activate the other bios :oh_no: :oh_no:

Haha :lol: At least it saves you the trouble of having to solder in another chip.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Dreamcazman said:
Haha :lol: At least it saves you the trouble of having to solder in another chip.

Trouble is that I desoldered the apple chip, as I didnt know any better. I thought it was a standard feature at the time (btw, this is the first time for me to open a Xbox)
:crying: