King of Fighters for N-Gage Ships

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I beat it about 4 times yesterday in the ER.

It's very meh, slow and choppy, but the new characters in it are actually pretty good, well the ones on Kyo's team are anyway. I hope they make it into a real KOF sometime soon.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
For those just tuning in, it's a port of the GBA game, KOF EX2. Except with the more narrow n-gage screen.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
SouthtownKid said:
For those just tuning in, it's a port of the GBA game, KOF EX2. Except with the more narrow n-gage screen.

Was KOF EX2 any good?

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Check the official site: http://www.n-gage.com/en-R1/games/gamedata/king_of_fighters.htm :mr_t:

main_kofextreme.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
Was KOF EX2 any good?
For a Gameboy KOF game, it's excellent -- much better than the first one. I think it's better than SF Alpha 3 on GBA, and about as good as the GBA Super SF2. Backgrounds are good, roster is pretty good (including a character named Reiji, who I think was the real visual inspiration for KOF '03's Shen Woo -- not Tekken 4's Steve), and gameplay is smoothed out a bit from EX1. Nice illustrations for the endings, also. Music is not great, but not horrible, either. If you have a GBA, it is very much worth picking up. I think it's like $10-$15 now.

SouthtownKid said:

that sucks. does it have online play or anything?

I was thinking of picking up a cheapo n-gage just for this too.
:annoyed:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
jethrek said:
that sucks. does it have online play or anything?

I was thinking of picking up a cheapo n-gage just for this too.
:annoyed:

Online play yes, but I think you have to pay for that.

Oh yeah, on that last note, don't.

NGage is cool for ROMZ, but this ain't no killer app, even if you're a KOF fanboi.

JHendrix said:
Online play yes, but I think you have to pay for that.

Oh yeah, on that last note, don't.

NGage is cool for ROMZ, but this ain't no killer app, even if you're a KOF fanboi.

It would double as a dirt-cheap cell phone, but if this is just KOF EX2 I'm highly let down.