RGB to TV converter(adapter)..is there such thing

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
one of my arcade cab's monitor dies... so iam thinking about taking all the wire's and controll panel's make it in to a something similar to a supergun..
all i needed is a signal converter from RGB(arcade) to ntsc (my tv)
any one got one for sale..or can tell me where to get one ??
thank you

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
JROK goes for about $70, The Neobitz goes for $110

I have had both and I would deffinetly go for the Neobitz for the component video.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Spike said:

I have had both and I would deffinetly go for the Neobitz for the component video.

Do you have a link to the neobitz tech specs

racecar

20 Year Member
Spike said:

i don't know much about installing or mod's so please try to bare with me :help:
for the neobitz it's just a plain board ...you have to put the jacks(svid/r/w/y) in yourself ??
..and the jrok has the output jack's(svid) built in to it??..but does it have the audio output on it also ?? thanks

also i got some nice output jack's(svid/RCA) on my dvd player(i lost the remote..so it's useless ' cause i don't like to walk over to pause the movie)..so i can usethe output jack's from it

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The board does not include the jacks -- most people prefer to buy what they like and since most of the time the board is installed *inside* of something else (AES System, Supergun), it is far easier to use the included wiring harnesses vs removing jacks from the encoder or hacking other cables.

If you need jacks, I have those too.

Jeff

racecar said:
i don't know much about installing or mod's so please try to bare with me :help:
for the neobitz it's just a plain board ...you have to put the jacks(svid/r/w/y) in yourself ??
..and the jrok has the output jack's(svid) built in to it??..but does it have the audio output on it also ?? thanks

also i got some nice output jack's(svid/RCA) on my dvd player(i lost the remote..so it's useless ' cause i don't like to walk over to pause the movie)..so i can usethe output jack's from it

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Racecar,

Since you have a bunch of differnt boards, you might want to consider implementing a Sync Splitter as well.....

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
JMKurtz said:
Specs:
SVideo and Composite use the AD724 encoder.

http://www.neobitz.com/neobitzboard.png

Wow thats real interesting, I would love to know what discrete components differ on the neobitz encoder. The circuit when wired as per the AD724 spec sheet will not work on many boardsets (MK series is a good example)
Anyone with the neobitz with the time and inclination to confirm the discrete component circuitry and values = how does it differ from the AD spec sheet ????

racecar

20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Racecar,

Since you have a bunch of differnt boards, you might want to consider implementing a Sync Splitter as well.....

what iam thinking of doing..its..just to put the RGB output from my jamma harness
to the board(jrok/neobitz)..and put everything in a box...(i pull out all the wire's from cab...so basiclly it's a cab with no monitor.....that why iam hoping that there is a such thing(device)..that i can just plug my jamma RGB input..and has a ntsc output on it :rolleyes: ..) i heared some thing about -old beta tape player's has the RGB input...so i'll try looking for that(less work/thinking)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ttooddddyy said:
Wow thats real interesting, I would love to know what discrete components differ on the neobitz encoder. The circuit when wired as per the AD724 spec sheet will not work on many boardsets (MK series is a good example)
Anyone with the neobitz with the time and inclination to confirm the discrete component circuitry and values = how does it differ from the AD spec sheet ????

I'm pretty sure that Jeff's boards are near AD735 spec. He stated somewhere that SVID/composite are more for "Convience" than anything else.