Metal Slug 1 English AES....how many??

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
How many of these were actually made? :conf: does anyone actually know?

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
I heard something about SNK wanting to scrap the English AES release and make it CD only???

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
It's not expensive because it's rare. it's expensive because most who buy it don't want to let it go. There are tons of them out there.

WGolly

Known Scammer. Fook Better Explain Himself
kobylka68 said:
It's not expensive because it's rare. it's expensive because most who buy it don't want to let it go. There are tons of them out there.

yup, this sums it up. I always thought it was a little misleading when the price guide lists it as ER.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
There were 5000 made. What happened to them?

2800 are being horded by collectors, have been forgotten or have been destroyed. Of these, some have passed from one collector to another through auction, private trades, or special "favors." Others were simply forgotten and now are wasting away in attics, garages and other private locations. There are 12 that have been confirmed to have been destroyed in fire. 3 were sprayed by cats in heat. 2 were eaten by dogs. 13 Were mistaken to be old video tapes by a now defunct video rental store and were subseqently thrown out by the liquidators since they could not be rewound and sold.

200 were ruined by Dion and Chris.

2000 will be found as "new old stock" sometime before the end 2005. Classic and updated inserts/labels will be offered. You better sell now if you're holding 'cause the price is about to fall through the floor for that old stuff.

My source goes by the name "Old Forester"...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Tiptonium said:

2800 are being horded by collectors, have been forgotten or have been destroyed. Of these, some have passed from one collector to another through auction, private trades, or special "favors." Others were simply forgotten and now are wasting away in attics, garages and other private locations. There are 12 that have been confirmed to have been destroyed in fire. 3 were sprayed by cats in heat. 2 were eaten by dogs. 13 Were mistaken to be old video tapes by a now defunct video rental store and were subseqently thrown out by the liquidators since they could not be rewound and sold.

2000 will be found as "new old stock" sometime before the end 2005. Classic and updated inserts/labels will be offered. You better sell now if you're holding 'cause the price is about to fall through the floor for that old stuff.

Blast!

My red herring didn't work!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Tiptonium said:

I wish all of this could be true !

NOS Metal Slug ? Yummy ! :buttrock:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I don't understand why SNKP don't do another production of Metal Slug AES carts and AES systems. It isn’t like their next gen console software is flying off of store selves.

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
neo_X7 said:
I don't understand why SNKP don't do another production of Metal Slug AES carts and AES systems. It isn’t like their next gen console software is flying off of store selves.

Thats actually not a bad idea. They could make a newly designed console and then rerelease some of the "greatest hits" for much less than they origionally cost, and much smaller than was possible before.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
gmfuss said:
Thats actually not a bad idea. They could make a newly designed console and then rerelease some of the "greatest hits" for much less than they origionally cost, and much smaller than was possible before.

That would surely be awesome... who knows with all the companies doing retro remakes of systems, maybe this is in the future. I am pretty sure all around here would be buying it up by the ton, just not sure how well it would go over with those that have forgotten Neo or don't know about it...

gmfuss

Kula's Candy
Orochi Iori Y said:
That would surely be awesome... who knows with all the companies doing retro remakes of systems, maybe this is in the future. I am pretty sure all around here would be buying it up by the ton, just not sure how well it would go over with those that have forgotten Neo or don't know about it...

On second thought, it would probly fail. Playmore would be courting the same basic tiny market it was playing up to with the latest AES releases. They are most likely financially better off making cheap cd ports for PS2 and Xbox.