Credit display help!

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Hi, can anyone help?

I have a 6 slot MVS cab. Have a problem with the credit display. It is constantly displaying "4" on the credit display when I turn the machine on. I can’t seem to get the credit display to work with the coin mechanism. The machine won’t register the 20p as a credit on the display.

Sometimes if anything happens it will register the credit and go from displaying “4” to a “5” so it will recognize the 1 credit, but why it starts off as 4 on the credit display when I turn the machine on, I don’t know?? I have no idea what’s going on, can anyone help or suggest a possible solution?

I have also tried a new LED credit display unit, new cables from the credit display to the motherboard and playing around with the wires???

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
Hi, can anyone help?

I have a 6 slot MVS cab. Have a problem with the credit display. It is constantly displaying "4" on the credit display when I turn the machine on. I can’t seem to get the credit display to work with the coin mechanism. The machine won’t register the 20p as a credit on the display.

Sometimes if anything happens it will register the credit and go from displaying “4” to a “5” so it will recognize the 1 credit, but why it starts off as 4 on the credit display when I turn the machine on, I don’t know?? I have no idea what’s going on, can anyone help or suggest a possible solution?

I have also tried a new LED credit display unit, new cables from the credit display to the motherboard and playing around with the wires???

You have Unibios and you have it on AES mode right?
Check your dips too.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
I have a standered BIOS and all the dips are off?

Go into hardware test mode and see what the LED does. It should count 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99. Does it do this?

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
J0e Musashi said:
Go into hardware test mode and see what the LED does. It should count 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99. Does it do this?

Yeah it does but the actual display on the LED credid display sometimes displays it incorrectly after counting the numbers.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
Yeah it does but the actual display on the LED credid display sometimes displays it incorrectly after counting the numbers.

I suggest cleaning all contacts and if it still occurs post back.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Thanks for your help.

Right I have just figured out the problem.

The connecter that goes into the credit LED has a wire that has come out of place. It’s the brown wire, number 3 next to the two red wires. Now if I hold that wire in place within the connecter everything works fine, credits show in accordance to credits on screen etc. The only problem I have now is how do I put that wire back in so it won’t come out? As at the moment it just comes out as soon as I push it in place.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
Thanks for your help.

Right I have just figured out the problem.

The connecter that goes into the credit LED has a wire that has come out of place. It’s the brown wire, number 3 next to the two red wires. Now if I hold that wire in place within the connecter everything works fine, credits show in accordance to credits on screen etc. The only problem I have now is how do I put that wire back in so it won’t come out? As at the moment it just comes out as soon as I push it in place.

No probs, bend the pin slightly so that it fits snug in the white plastic connector. That's about all I can say to that problem without seeing it.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
J0e Musashi said:
No probs, bend the pin slightly so that it fits snug in the white plastic connector. That's about all I can say to that problem without seeing it.

Oh no it's not the pin that is bent, the pins are all perfect. The problem is that the brown wire has come out of the white plastic connecter.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
Oh no it's not the pin that is bent, the pins are all perfect. The problem is that the brown wire has come out of the white plastic connecter.
The wire should be attatched to a pin, which then slots into the white connector...

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
J0e Musashi said:
The wire should be attatched to a pin, which then slots into the white connector...

Yeah thats right but the wire has come out of the pin and connecter. I basicly need to get the pin out, connect the wire to the pin and then put it back into the white connector?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
jamie666 said:
Yeah thats right but the wire has come out of the pin and connecter. I basicly need to get the pin out, connect the wire to the pin and then put it back into the white connector?

Ok, you can use a pin or something, you can get to the pin from the back of the conenctor

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Cheers, thanks very much for your help, ill let you know if it all works out ok.

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Everything is all working now and I can finally relax and get down to some good ol gaming!

Thanks very much for your help.