KOF Article in Game Informer

l337kunio

n00b
The newest issue of Game Informer (Feburary 2005) has a 3 page article on the King of Fighters series in its Classic GI section... It's pretty interesting.... has anybody else gotten to check it out yet? It has an interview with one of the planners for the series and some anecdotes about the storyline and how KOF introduced the team concept to fighting games and all that jazz.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
i read it i enjoyed the tribute to KOF quite interesting. Funny how at that time as i was reading it my brother was bragging how great mortal kombat is over any stupid SNK fighter...

"so then why does kof get a 3 page aritcle and your dumb game doesnt"

AH the burn

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
REQUEST GRANTED
---------------------------

kofarticle010dk.jpg

kofarticle027tb.jpg

kofarticle037dc.jpg

MERCENARY X99

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Thanks Merc... I just broke down and went to get this at Gamestop to today too! Oh well, got a decent deal I suppose, did that 10 issues for $10 and a Gamestop discount card deal. I am sure there are others that want to see this article that have not broken down though. :D

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
Funny how at that time as i was reading it my brother was bragging how great mortal kombat is

While mortal Kombat is a very good game, Illl have to go with Donkey Kong.

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Thanks Merc! Although, it is a bit blurry so it hurts my eyes to read it. I'll read it later. More magazines to recognize fucken' SNK.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
AztekNinja said:
Thanks Merc! Although, it is a bit blurry so it hurts my eyes to read it. I'll read it later. More magazines to recognize fucken' SNK.

Well I resized them to be big enough to read if you look closely, but not too small that they would be impossible to read. The original scans would've taken up too much of the screen forcing everyone to scroll left and right for eons. *It's what happens when a NEO peep tries to cover all the bases and be nice.

MERCENARY X99

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
Mercenary X99 said:
Well I resized them to be big enough to read if you look closely, but not too small that they would be impossible to read. The original scans would've taken up too much of the screen forcing everyone to scroll left and right for eons. *It's what happens when a NEO peep tries to cover all the bases and be nice.

MERCENARY X99

I should of knowed, you think of everything. I guess with a military mind you got to think of the little things. :mr_t:

Pretty cool. Other than the needless marking down of classic's original scores (omg, it's not pretty anymore, minus .5 for that) Classic GI's putting out some neat stuff. They also had Panzer Dragoon Saga a couple months ago basically saying it was still an overlooked classic.