Gamecube Broken

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
So my gamecube seems to be broken, a fuse blew which turns the cd and powers it up it seems. Apperently its pretty common after a few years. I would just buy a new one but mine is modded and dont want to pay an extra $30 to mod it again.

Anyone know any websites that do GCN repairs? NCSX does it for $30 but they have been out of those fuses for over a month now.

Let me know if you know any places

PM or reply in the topic is fine

Thanks
Darren

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
What type is the fuse? Maybe you can just wire in a different type with the same ratings.

Of course, if there's a problem with the disc drive the new fuse may blow anyway... but considering that you should be able to find a usable fuse for little $, I'd say it's worth a try.

Darren870

im not really sure, i just know it is a fuse from people having the same problem. I do not have the tool to open my gamecube. Also if it was an everyday fuse im sure NCSX would have plenty in stock.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I do them, but my new website is under construction still.

PM me if interested. I have parts, and can see to it it's still modded afterwards.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
omnedon said:
I do them, but my new website is under construction still.

PM me if interested. I have parts, and can see to it it's still modded afterwards.

Have you any pics of where the fuse is located and what rating it is?I've got one of my cubes open looking for where the cubes fuse is.I was wondering if it was something similar to what the snes uses but I can't see anything like that.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
No idea. If it's a fuse, I'm almost 100% sure it's a tiny SMF. Worst case scenario, I'd swap out his mobo or power input board, mod it for region switch if it's a board swap, and pop it in his Cube.

I only trust my own visual diagnoses. At this point we don't really know FOR SURE what the problem is with his Cube. We have guesses.

It's easier to swap the failed component, than troubleshoot it, when they are so easily sourced.

Last edited:

Darren870

I saw your site a while back but lost the link and forgot which member you were. I was hoping you would reply...

In other words:

PM SENT

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
LustForLard said:
Also if it was an everyday fuse im sure NCSX would have plenty in stock.

What I meant was that you may be able to fit a standard fuse inside the case (somewhere) and get by with that. You'd simply wire it in to the two original circuit points, probably with an inline fuse holder.