Central ohio

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Ohio meet this saturday!!!!

OK PEOPLE WE'RE ALL SET!!

TIME = APRIL 30th 2005 (last saturday in april)

PLACE = TERRY330 AKA KURT'S PAD

LOCATION = COLUMBUS, OHIO

Kurts house kinda has a hidden driveway. I still drive past it sometimes. So if anyone is worried about finding this place PM me and we can talk it out over the phone. You can meet me here or I will give you better directions.

Direction are posted in this thread, catch up on it.

PEOPLE COMING SO FAR.
(please post or pm me if I forgot someone or plans change)

1. GREEDOSTICK
2. TERRY330
3. JON
4. JMKurtz
5. T Smallz
6. Kristoff
7. YagamiKun
8. Orochi Yanko
9. Mow
10. Judy Chan
11. Neodogg
12. Lashujin

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am trying to move to the Dayton, Ohio area.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Not sure where selina is. Dayton ohio is really close though. I use to live in xenia. Dayton is about 7o miles from me, and 8 miles from dayton. I live in columbus now, along with terry330. Jon, another member from here still lives in xenia and visits frequently.

We should all figure out something and get together. I would really like to play some last blade and waku waku 7 with some people.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Celina is on the biggest lake in Ohio! about an hour and half east of Columbus. It is also about 45 +/- NE of Dayton. :buttrock:

I think Tsmallz is moving to Columbus in a couple months, sounds like we could have a good get together in/around Columbus.

:loco:

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I live in the Cincinnati area, but would be willing to travel to Columbus or Dayton for a get together.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I live in the far south-east of PA (5 min from border) I could probably give it a drive.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Hey, Greedo. Long time no see, buddy.

Just wanted to say hello to all the neo fans here in Ohio. Especially all the ones who every freaking time I try to do one of these things just plain decide they have something better to do!!!

My dream, and I've talked about this with Greedo and a few other forum members, is to have a Neo Geo game tournament on actual Neo Geo hardware. I'd like to call it the "Put Up, OR Shut Up" tournament because every time I play one of these so-called "masters" at any SNK port I get my ass smashed but, it's the exact opposite when I play the real thing. So, this is a shout out to all the little kids playing around on Shoryuken.com and other tourney sites to come down and REALLY show what you're made of.

As far as an actual date goes, I think it would be smartest if we were to wait until spring before we set anything definite. Mainly because of Ohio's cold and unpredictable weather.

I'm going to suggest that everyone just stay in touch through this forum. If anyone wants to hang out sometime, I think myself, Greedostick, and Terry330 will be more than happy to drive down (within reason, I'm not driving to the other side of the moon) and spend some quality time both playing Neo Geo and other games, if you have any. I'd be more than happy to respond to anyone's PM if they're really interested in doing something like this.

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Hola fellas

I've been off the site for about a month now due to construction in my house.
But I finally have computer access outside of work again. :D

Yes a Central Ohio get together is needed. :buttrock:

I know Jon has a 2 slot and a supergun, Greedo also has an MVS setup of some type and I have a modded AES. Between the 3 of us that should cover hardware, so if anybody is driving they only need to bring any games the 3 of us dont already own and joystick/controllers of their choice.

As for a tourney I know I'll get owned in pretty much everything so I'll leave that to the competative types.

As for time and place ???

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Speaking of Ohio.

I am working on getting a job in the Dayton or Cincinnati area and not having a lot of luck. Anyone know of anyone in the Cincinnati to Dayton to Xenia areas (or round abouts) needing a Help Desk or Deskside support person? I have about 4 years experience. I have tried the job sites and recruiters (they are working on this for me), but kinda curious if anyone here has first hand knowledge of anyone needing someone like this.

Help a brotha out!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
broken said:
Speaking of Ohio.

I am working on getting a job in the Dayton or Cincinnati area and not having a lot of luck. Anyone know of anyone in the Cincinnati to Dayton to Xenia areas (or round abouts) needing a Help Desk or Deskside support person? I have about 4 years experience. I have tried the job sites and recruiters (they are working on this for me), but kinda curious if anyone here has first hand knowledge of anyone needing someone like this.

Help a brotha out!!

Dayton is not exactly a hot spot for jobs. Your best bet is to go to a employmet agency and see what they have to offer. You would have a much better chance finding a job in cleveland or columbus. I would think cincinatti wouldn't be hard to find a job considering the size.

As for a get together I am down for whatever as long as it's on the weekend. Let's just throw something in the air now and say the first saturday in april. I think that is plenty time to give in advance, and all you may have to worry about is some rain.

I really don't care where we have it, but I would much rather have it in columbus. We can figure this all out in the next few weeks.

Toss up some ideas.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I'm in Delaware, OH -- about 15 miles north of Columbus...

Jeff

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Neodogg said:
Celina is on the biggest lake in Ohio! about an hour and half east of Columbus. It is also about 45 +/- NE of Dayton. :buttrock:

I think Tsmallz is moving to Columbus in a couple months, sounds like we could have a good get together in/around Columbus.

:loco:

I'll be there by 3/31! :buttrock:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK, we have a date set. All we really have to do is figure out a place to have it. If you have any ideas post em. If you know you want to come post it also and send me a pm.

Kristoff

Another Striker
You've got me, YagamiKun, Orochi Yanko, and Mow as well. The four of us are all into the Neo and are all generally around the Cincinnati area (Eastgate) and sometimes the Columbus area (where Yanko and Mow go to OSU). So if something were to really get going, the four of us could hopefully help out. I'm always looking for new competition in Buriki One.... me and Yanko are the only ones who play :spock:

Only problem is that we all tend to be locked down with jobs, etc... I'll start bugging them now and see if we can get the days off.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have yet to see a single PM. Come on people. The sooner you confirm you're going the quicker more people will decide it's worth the drive.

We also really need to figure out where this is at. I really don't care if we have it here but my house really isn't the place to do this. I really don't have a nice t.v., I would be more than willing to bring my MVS setup so all jon would have to bring would be a few games.

Someone should really step up in the columbus area (since that where the majority seems to be). Again, I would do it at my house, but that would be a last resort. I already know Jon wouldn't want to have it there.

Anyone who has to drive to Columbus could meet up at my place since it is pretty easy to find, and I could lead the way. I live on High street, right in the middle of Columbus. Literally 2 minutes from the Shoe (OSU Stadium)

We need to get things rolling :buttrock:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
HOI! I'm here. Yeah, I'm all up for it. Advanced notice is always good so I can start planning. I'm around Cincinnati, close to Kings Island (actualy, thats where I work). At any rate, yeah, sounds good. As for Buirki...yeah, Kristoff and Yanko are it :spock:

Kristoff said:
You've got me, YagamiKun, Orochi Yanko, and Mow as well. The four of us are all into the Neo and are all generally around the Cincinnati area (Eastgate) and sometimes the Columbus area (where Yanko and Mow go to OSU). So if something were to really get going, the four of us could hopefully help out. I'm always looking for new competition in Buriki One.... me and Yanko are the only ones who play :spock:

Only problem is that we all tend to be locked down with jobs, etc... I'll start bugging them now and see if we can get the days off.

Kristoff

Another Striker
Oh yeah, and OrochiJudy (Judychan) is from the Eastgate area as well! She'd be up for it to I think!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
There's a reason I wouldn't want to have it at your house, Greedo. It's because there's almost NO ROOM to park! You'd be lucky if you could fit an extra 3 cars on your street on the weekends. If we're going to have it anywhere..if at all...this factor needs to be carefully considered, especially when about 10 different carloads of people show up.

I think we need to ask ourselves which among us has the most room for cars/people, not too far away, and has a couple decent TV's on hand. That last part is pretty important. It doesn't have to be high definition, but, it needs to AT LEAST have svideo, or it's almost not even worth it.

I would like to ask each and every one here that's truly interested if they would be willing to have it at their place. Keeping in mind the factors I layed out, of course. If you think you can, please send me a PM or email me at vegetagallitgun@hotmail.com. Make sure your subject says something like "Neo Geo Ohio Tournament" or something to that affect, or it will probably be deleted. If I think you've made a decent case, I'll probably want to talk to you over the phone.

For the moment, though, 3/31/05 is good for me. That should be enough notice for everyone else. Try to keep that day free.

Jon

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I would be willing to have the get-together at my place. I'm located in Dublin about 2 min. away from the Columbus Zoo.

I have a fairly large driveway and live off a major road so my place would have parking capacity and be fairly easy to find.

I also have 2 TVs and a VGA monitor in the room with all my games and stuff.

The larger TV has Component & S-vid and the smaller has S-vid so we could easily have 2 neos setup at once and my Atomiswave or DC on the monitor.

I also have a Hyper 64 setup but I only own SS64 atm and only have Dolphin Blue on ATW. :( I would appreciate it if somebody could bring some other H64 & ATW games if we kick it here.

Just LMK.

Judy Chan

n00b
Hell yeah! I'd be up for some KOF! Just be prepared to carry your manhood out in a brown paper bag 'cuz this girls going to kick the sparkling shit out of all of you!!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I could bring my projector, so we could have the screen as big as the wall. It's pretty cool having life size charactors!

:buttrock: