NBC loke test no.1 : report

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
quick post from a net cafe near work.

unannounced normal characters (were in a team) = svc athena, mars people.
unannounced boss/sub boss characters (were by themselves) = king lion, mizuchi (the boss from kof 97, the one chris turns into in a super iirc).

more tonight when i get home.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
unannounced boss/sub boss characters (were by themselves) = king lion
haha, cool!

I like the design of SVC Athena, but i hope she has a new movelist...

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
beelzebubble said:

unannounced boss/sub boss characters (were by themselves) = king lion, mizuchi (the boss from kof 97, the one chris turns into in a super iirc).

It sucks that the normal characters are the ones from SVC. Also, is Mizuchi supposed to be Mizuki from Samurai Spirits?

I'm happy that Orochi is in the game...if that's what you mean by the boss from kof97 ;)

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Awesome, I can't wait to hear how this game plays. I hope bare NBC will be sold:drool_2:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I hope they touched up Athena's sprite from SvC as it was rather...smudgey.

King Lion = badass x a billion

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
mars people is stupid beyond belief. that brings things down a notch for me. hope to god it doesn't play like SvC either..

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
mars people is stupid beyond belief. that brings things down a notch for me. hope to god it doesn't play like SvC either..

Agree

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
so far the loke test is a little dissapointing, but it's only the first few hours :(

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
the hit sounds are from SvC

Bah, that sucks. I really hated the "whump" sound the heavy hits made. It was like tossing a watermelon into a pile of blankets.

Apparently Robert is also a charge character again. Guess I won't be using him this time around.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
DTJAAAAMJSLM said:
I'm dying to hear about how Terry plays in this game...

Well, all I know is how he looks: Like shit. He's the crappy SvsC version, if I'm not mistaken. God, I was so excited about this game, but it's starting to sound like SvsC2. I hope I'm way off, as I've been excited for this game for a long time.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
God this better not be like that. I guess SNK's glory days of super badass fighters like KOF98 and Shin Samurai Spirits are long long gone. Sigh....

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
DevilRedeemed said:
SvC was criticised so badly why would they even want to tread the same path? its not like you can say they where onto something...

it's not snk

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Spike Spiegel said:
God this better not be like that. I guess SNK's glory days of super badass fighters like KOF98 and Shin Samurai Spirits are long long gone. Sigh....

SNK > Playmore.

I fear we will never get that same feeling you got from SS2/KOF98/LastBlade2/Garou again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
You guys drive me crazy. SvC would have been good, except for...the things that were fucked up. If they fixed those things (tweaked GCS to work better and not render some characters useless, hit detection, etc.), it could be a great game.

IMO, KOF '99 played like a chunk of shit. The strikers, armor mode, etc...just awful. But they improved it like crazy in 2000 (again, imo) -- strikers more useful, new characters more balanced. And I feel 2001 was the best striker game of the three -- I actually enjoy that game. So a sequel to SvC's engine is not necessarily the disaster you guys assume, if you ask me (as long as they've made some progress).

As far as people complaining about Mars People, look at how differently some characters play after their first appearance (take Basara for example, between SS3 and SS4). It's too soon to be upset.

And Spike, Terry is not the SvC version, he's the KOF '03 version.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
beelzebubble said:

well SVC or any other athena suck and mars people :oh_no: I wish they had gotten someone better from Metal Slug now as for the boss this is a really good pick I have yet to play Savage Reign/Kizuna so king lion was a great pick :buttrock: ohh and the dash from SvC sucks :oh_no:

Last edited: