What is the best way to get a jap neo geo aes console to work in the UK?

hello im new to all this i have just purcased a neo geo aes console from japan and i need the cheapest way to get it to work in the UK please help.

also is there any way i can make it work in a scart socket with the lead i get from japan without spending more on a neo geo scart lead?

all answers are apreciated

thankyou james

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
neogeojames said:
is there any way i can make it work in a scart socket with the lead i get from japan without spending more on a neo geo cart lead?

Well if it doesn't come with a Scart lead then I very much doubt it. I don't even understand the logic of this question. Scart leads fit into Scart sockets, it really is that simple.

Maybe you should have bought a PS2?

And what do you mean by the cheapest way to get it to work? What "expensive" methods do you currently know of?

Maybe you should have bought a PS2?

Last edited:

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
What's the problem? It should fit right into your television.

Most European TVs that aren't horribly old support both NTSC and 60hz.

If your picture flickers, your TV doesn't support 60hz, get a new tv.
If your picture is grayscale, your TV doesn't support NTSC, get an RGB cable or a new tv. (get an RGB cable anyway)
If you can't fit the power supply into your electricity plug, get a stepdown converter.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
how about EMS shipping? :buttrock:

or possible you could put it in a backpack, I'd hide it under your desk. :loco:

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
2 pin socket into adapter, or mod the 2 pin plug to a uk 3 pin plug, into stepdown converter, into neo. Scart socket from neo goes into tv scart socket and thats it how hard can it be.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
neogeojames said:
hello im new to all this i have just purcased a neo geo aes console from japan and i need the cheapest way to get it to work in the UK please help.

also is there any way i can make it work in a scart socket with the lead i get from japan without spending more on a neo geo scart lead?

all answers are apreciated

thankyou james

Goto http://www.ravengames.co.uk/ and buy an RGB scart lead from there.

I'm assuming that the lead that you have got with your AES is a standard composite cable with the yellow and white A/V phone plugs on the end.If you stick them into one of the scart block adaptors you will still only get composite AV and if your tv isnt fully compatible with 60hz NTSC then you will get either a black and white picture or the screen will roll.

RGB isn't bound by the strictures of PAL/NTSC and is the way that we have been able to play import machines in full screen,full colour over here for years through our scart sockets.If your TV has more than one scart socket,you will usually find that only one of them carries the rgb circuit,if you need to plug in more then one console to it then its an idea to get a scart switcher box from Argos for £9.99.This will allow you to have 3 items plugged into the one RGB scart socket with individual switching for each machine and even the ability to turn the RGB cicuit on and off at will(useful if you are one for playing dvd's on ur PS2,as it stops the green screen effect)

Powerwise,the easiest way to get it running is to run it thru a stepdown voltage converter so the 110v psu you got with it is able to run on our 240v system.Or you could try using a megadrive 1 psu.Check on the psu of the AES and make sure it is a 9v system,if so get hold of an MD1 psu.If it is the 5v system and psu then you will be better of with a stepdown as the UK 240v 5v psu's are expensive and hard to find.

Hope this is more helpful.

Last edited: