NeoGeo Battle Coliseum loke test: January 21st!!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
so early?

Magic ---> Focus

Target: Beelze

*casts spell*

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Excellent. :drool_2:

Please let us know how it turns out DR. This is one of the few Atomiswave titles that I actually have some degree of interest/faith in at this point.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm dying to hear about this game. I still love 2D fighters over ANY other game, and the cast in this is just insane. Please fill us in as to what it's like. Beezle, I'm counting on you as you've always given us the best info every time. :drool:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Hey thats the same day the WRC season kicks off. Awesome.

Beezle hook it up.

Hope it plays nice. I also hope one day I can actually play the game. (SNK of America give us something? Surely I'm kidding myself)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
PinkPeach said:
I really want to hear how it plays :D

*giving a choco party to beelze*

(‚Ç‚±Œ©‚Ä‚ñ‚Ì‚æ￾H;) ￾j

I got one question. That pic of Castlevania. Exactly what does that come from? Is it a game that wasn't finished?

barf

Maxima's Barber
Kirk Foiden said:
I got one question. That pic of Castlevania. Exactly what does that come from? Is it a game that wasn't finished?

Nope, just a screenshot of something i program when i have time. I am what you call a "homebrewer" :)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Very nice. I love the percieved color depth. Definitely a potential for the prettiest Castlevania to come out, in some time. Are you using existing music, or are you planning to use new stuff? I can help, if you're interested in getting new music.

barf

Maxima's Barber
Actualy the art is not mine at all, everything is ripped from SOTN (either saturn or PSX).

you can grab my 1st test there: http://amberwars.free.fr/puzzledp.zip and try it in mame if you wish. It was just a scroll + input test (just running,dashing,crouching).

I went farther and implemented a level program logic and jumps but it s buggy and i don t have much time.

I did a bit of FF Tactics for neogeo too, but couldn t manage to make it smooth (too many layers of sprites to recreate PSX graphics). I coded part of the AI in assembly to help a bit but that didn t make it so i left it appart until a better devkit arrives :)

for the music... err... i did that for the FM (only thing i can touch on MVS hardware so far) : http://amberwars.free.fr/mvstr_c.zip
it s the MVS tracker and my castlevania tune

anyway we are faaaaaaaaaaar out of topic :) so let s stop here about this.

You ll know more when i am ready to show something more pro.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
Oh yeah I've been waiting so long to hear how NGBC plays and now I can rest asure that it will be good I hope. Beelze hook it up with that info man.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
SnairDogg said:
Awesome! Beelze, maybe you should call in sick?

yeah i want to call in sick :)

too expensive to though, plus im an assistant trainer so ive gotta take my job a bit more seriously :(

anyways im gonna go for about an hour tomorrow morning and will post my impressions tomorrow night when i get home from work. ill also go on sunday arvo for 2 or three hours then again monday for most of the day.

therell prolly be lots of info on mmcafe as well translated by iggy from japanese sites as well so everyone should finally get a good fix of info :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
*cough*
I forgot for a sec that you probably wouldn't get the info up until day after tomorrow for us since you're already living in tomorrow.

Freelancer

Banned
beelzebubble said:
yeah i want to call in sick :)

too expensive to though, plus im an assistant trainer so ive gotta take my job a bit more seriously :(

anyways im gonna go for about an hour tomorrow morning and will post my impressions tomorrow night when i get home from work. ill also go on sunday arvo for 2 or three hours then again monday for most of the day.

therell prolly be lots of info on mmcafe as well translated by iggy from japanese sites as well so everyone should finally get a good fix of info :)

Sounds great, looking forward to hearing the news!
Your thoughts and comments from the loke test are highly appreciated! :)

exile

n00b
wewt! Loke baby! i'll be there with beez sunday and monday. i'll take my camera along and see if i can sneak some decent pics (as opposed to the incredibly crappy ones i took of CFJ with my cheap-ass phone). i think there's usually goons around to stop pics but we'll see how stealth we can be.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
exile said:
wewt! Loke baby! i'll be there with beez sunday and monday. i'll take my camera along and see if i can sneak some decent pics (as opposed to the incredibly crappy ones i took of CFJ with my cheap-ass phone). i think there's usually goons around to stop pics but we'll see how stealth we can be.

well its at navel which is not an snk arcade though the goons will be there... lets just use our gaijin power and help you get some nice shots. we might be looking for some hosting space come sunday night....

ill post brief impressions from an hour or so tomorrow morning in under 24 hours.

beelzebubble said:
well its at navel which is not an snk arcade though the goons will be there... lets just use our gaijin power and help you get some nice shots. we might be looking for some hosting space come sunday night....

ill post brief impressions from an hour or so tomorrow morning in under 24 hours.

I offer space for pictures on my site if you need it. my email is jethrek@gmail.com, so if you do need some space let me know, belze, I'll be glad to help out.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Hopefully that means we'll see some on-site clips of the game in action. I've been lookin' forward to this since the downloadable promo came out. :D