MVS Cart Video Problems

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I have a SS4 MVS cart that has a strange video problem. The picture seems to have vertical lines on every other pixel that are little lighter shade than the last. It creates this effect on the health bar that looks something like this:

||||||||||||||||||||

When it should be a solid color. I cleaned the connecters on both sides of both boards and the problem is still there.

I'm running the video through a converter board from crazyarcade I don't think this is the problem. Cause when I pop in a KOF it doesn't seem to have the video issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Chances are that either one of the solderpoints from the C ROMs to the PCB inside the cart is bad or a trace leading to the cart connector to MVS is bad if your sure you cleaned the cart well.

Do the vertical lines follow the gfx on screen?, what I mean is, if your character moves left and right do the lines over the character also move left and right while lines in the background gfx stay still (thus breaking the vertical line so to speak).

A picture of the problem may help if you can take one.

Raz

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
The lines are very fine, but produce a sort of flashing stobe effect on the health bar. The picture below was taken off of a 52" projection tv running through svideo, so do you think the picture being converted then stretched to that size might induce this problem?

imgp16175mp.jpg

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Ohh, now you explain it more I can say that this is probably how the game would appear on a projector. You see those energy bars do flash on and off very fast to give a kind of transparent effect (which can clearly be seen in your pic on the right hand side energy bars).

Raz

Sumez

The Ultimate 11
Why would that give vertical lines?

I don't see the big problem with the picture posted above, though :spock:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Alright thanks, I wasn't sure if I had a problem or not.

The picture is fine but the power meters are kinda anoying.