King of Fighters 2003 and 2002 XBOX Release Delayed To June 2005

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I received this message from Gamestop via email....

King of Fighters 2003 and 2002

Old Release Date - 3/1/2005
New Release Date - 6/1/2005

This is for the XBOX version... :loco:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Bastards...

This release is my reason to play KOF again.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
That's sucks. I was gonna get a x-box just for LIVE. Guess I'll have to wait till June. :crying:

ericb

NEST Puppet
Wow... SNKP-USA is really dragging their heels lately. It's strange, because it appears as though the company is all for providing relatively (for the company's size) large advertising campaigns for their games, however, they aren't willing to release them quickly. I don't get it.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
For whatever reason, these ports rarely get released on their original date. Honestly, I think that they're just very low on the priority list. Ah well, I guess we should just be thankful that the xbox powers that be are willing to release them at all.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
galfordo said:
For whatever reason, these ports rarely get released on their original date. Honestly, I think that they're just very low on the priority list. Ah well, I guess we should just be thankful that the xbox powers that be are willing to release them at all.

Yep, I'm just happy to see continuous interest in the series and don't mind waiting for ports, especially when I have MVS versions to play in the meantime.

Spike23

Ninja Combat Warrior
wow. didn't see THIS coming. :rolleyes:

i'll definitely pick it up when it finally does see a release. i'd like to know why the PS2 always gets releases either domestic or import, yet anyone wanting the X-Box version must wait for half a fucking year. i don't really care, i'd just like to know (i own a modded PS2 and an X-Box, so i'll take either or both). you'd think they could coordinate a release for all major systems as they do with 99% of the other CRAP that gets churned out for them.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I think we're going to have to wait a lot longer than June. KOF '02 by itself is scheduled to come out in Japan for Xbox next month. I don't see '03 for Xbox anywhere on their schedule yet. If SNK USA decided to do a '02 only release for Xbox, we might be able to see a US port by then, but I don't see them wanting to do that. In a way, it's almost like our delay in getting '02 for Xbox can be blamed on Sony.

All I can say is that if the JPN release of '02 is region-free the way Street Fighter Anniversary Collection was, I'm not waiting. I'll still pick up the US release in order to get '03 (which I can wait for more easily), but I will be playing '02 online the first day it becomes humanly availible.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
but I will be playing '02 online the first day it becomes humanly availible.

What if they only release it for pigs?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Well that fucking blows...

I was planning on getting an X-Box and Live just for that.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
son_of_bael said:
I really don't understand this delay... :oh_no:

It's simple. It isn't just that KOF 2002 hasn't come for the Xbox in Japan, but has actually been delayed several times. I'm betting it might be so that SNK can get the game playing more smoothly online. If this is the case, then KOF 2003 will probably be released more quickly.

But don't be surprised if KOF 2002/2003 doesn't come out for the Xbox in the States in June, either. :P

I guess I can admire people for wanting to wait, but when it comes to fighting games, I don't see how anyone wouldn't want to just go import. Online is a different story, of course.

Based on what happened with Metal Slug Advance, I'm not too hopeful for any SNK games coming out when they're supposed to.

I predict a release for: 09/02/05

S

Simbob4000

All I can say is it better have more then just Online play if it's coming out in june. I mean they better add new characters or something. Forget the something just new characters

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It can never come out as far as I'm concerned if the online play sucks nutsack as hard as SVC did. Only reason to buy these is for online play, and SVC online play sucked. Whats the point?

pixeljunkie said:
It can never come out as far as I'm concerned if the online play sucks nutsack as hard as SVC did. Only reason to buy these is for online play, and SVC online play sucked. Whats the point?

Is SVC really that bad?

Maybe the PS2 ports will be better (the rerelease ones)

And maybe I'm giving SNK too much credit.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
jethrek said:
Is SVC really that bad?

Maybe the PS2 ports will be better (the rerelease ones)

And maybe I'm giving SNK too much credit.

The port itself isn't THAT bad...its the online LAG that makes it unplayable.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
The port itself isn't THAT bad...its the online LAG that makes it unplayable.
lag is case by case. In general, it's definitely not as good as Capcom did with SFAC, but I have had perfect SVC matches also.