Happy Birthday to Me (Austin, TX) 2005!

Katsu

Crazed MVS Addict
[ I just found this post for LAST year's party. Since I'm lazy, I'm just editing it and changing the date for 2005. :) ]

[Edit #2. I just realized that this was originally posted in General Discussions in 2004 before there was a Neo Gathering section. So I'm just going to re-post this in the RIGHT section instead.]

Hey guys,

It's been a while, but I'm planning another party on the 15th of January 2005. My (belated) birthday party! A lot of you have been to one of my parties. Some of you might not have. If you're interested in coming to celebrate my oldness and play a crapload of games (of all types) with 15-30 other people, email me at mrkatsu@hotmail.com and RSVP.

Typically, the big 61" TV is for party gaming (Mario Kart, Mario Party, Bomberman, Pac-Man Vs., Kung Fu Chaos, DDR, Karaoke Revolution, EyeToy, etc.) But 1v1 games eventually break out in the wee hours of the morning when the Party Games have run their course.

We'll likely try networking consoles again. Last party we networked my 61" TV with a Video Projector (also with about a 5 ft screen) upstairs for some crazy 8 person Mario Kart: Double Dashing and Halo-ing. Might do that again if there's interest.

As always, my arcade games (I have quite a few arcade fighting games like SvC Chaos, KOF, SamSho, SF2, XM Vs SF, Killer Instinct, etc.) will be turned on and set to free play. I challenge ANYONE to best me in 10 rounds of SF2 turbo hyper fighting.

Dunno if I hold any tournies, but I might. Depends on the crowd. :)

Anyway, come out and celebrate my aging with me on January the 15th. Bring your friends!

OK, this part's new for 2005:

While the party itself won't start until 9pm, I thought it'd be fun to watch a few cool movies from my youth throughout the day. If you're bored enough, stop by early and enjoy some neo-classics with me. Just drop in anytime after 1pm. Here's the schedule for the day:

1pm - Flash Gordon: This 1980 classic is the finest of the sci-fi 70's/80's cheeze. The soundtrack alone (arranged by Queen) is worth it. "Flash! Ahhhhh... He'll save every one of us!"

3pm - Cannonball Run: Take a bunch of popular 70's/80's celebrities like Burt Reynolds, Dom DeLuise, Farrah Fawcet, Adrienne Barbeau, and like a dozen more people that either can't get a job or are now dead and throw them into a movie about an illegal cross-country car race and you have pure comedic gold.

5pm - Tron: I'll bet a lot of you still haven't seen this one. Check it out: a video game programmer gets sucked into a computer. In this computer world, programs are people, shit glows blue for no reason, and the MCP (Master Control Program) ownz you. Hard. How do you defeat the MCP? With the ultimate security program "Tron" (who bears an amazing resemblance to Bruce Boxleitner) of course!

7pm - ???: OMG, it's a secret! Actually, I have several movies in mind. It'll really just depend on my mood, and the crowd at hand.

9pm - Birthday Party Starts: The usual stuff: Video games, food, and Texas Hold 'Em. Good stuff!