Question about the control panel

Nima

n00b
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum. I just purchased a working four slot neo geo arcade cabinet with a 25 inch moniter. It will be delivered to my door in 2 1/2 weeks. I cant wait and I will upload some pictures of this bad boy. My question is though I read somewhere that the neo geo cabinets do not support more than four buttons ? I wanted to convert it to a pc2jamma cabinet because I want to also be able to play some mame games as well. Is it true that I won't be able to do this ? I want to drill a few extra holes for some more buttons including an escape button. Is this at all possible or will I just have to make it a classic neo geo cabinet ??

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, the Neo Geo cabs only have 4 buttons, so if you want more you will have to put them yourself, buying the buttons, drilling holes for them in the control panel and wiring them. So it is possible, but you need to do some modding to the cab. Many people here won't like the idea if it is really an original Neo cab, specially if it is for putting roms on it, but well, it's up to you.

::J@mm::

n00b
:eek: NOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Dont do that!! :shame:

gots my self a empty 6 button one in good conditions, care to exchange?

got pics if your interested!!

Laaaaate! :buttrock:

::J@mm::

n00b
Im just looking for the cabinet, you can keep the hardware, got myself a 6 slot Board

Nima

n00b
I'm Not Sure ??

I was really looking forward to getting my Neo Geo Cabinet, But the empty six button one sounds nice. I would like to see the pictures though. I dont know how to take all of the stuff out of the cabinet that is why I am a little worried about swapping with you. Thats also why I am trying to convert it to a pc2jamma cabinet. I heard that it keeps everything intact and does not mess with an original too much. I would like to have an arcade station like everyone else. Are you willing to sell ?? Best Wishes - Nima