'Trader Ratings' to replace the Feedback Forum

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Good afternoon all,

Just implements a, hopefully, fully working feedback system similar in nature to what Ebay uses. After a few weeks, I will close the feedback forum, and switch it to be just an archive of the past, the new feature, if it works right, will replace it.

Everyone can start using it now for any trade they have done in the past that has a thread associated with it on the board. Basically, just select the 'Trader Rating' menu choice from the top bar, and then search for the user you wish to leave feedback for.

Leave you feedback, positive/neutral/negative, and supply the link for the original transaction. Need to find the link?

Search -> Advanced Search -> Put in the username, and either select the specific forum or the 'Market' and it will return your results, just peek through there and find what you are looking for.

Neo-Geo.Com transactions only please, no links to outside sources, and the rules are basically the same as Ebay, keep it clean, and don't abuse it. Currently, 'Trader Rating' and the number will only appear in the Market Forums. Click the number on the user to see their specific feedback.

Have any questions, just ask, I'll try to answer them, but I am looking at some other stuff to update.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Sounds like a complicated idea...

I don't like it.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
TonK said:

I don't like it.

Give it a week. You love it by then.

And thanks for taking, I dunno, six months for finally listening and putting this in.

buster_broon

The Rock,
just left my first bit for superpang

seems to be okay

like the way you have to add a url as well

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'm not using it...

I've done 500 transactions here...

Like some guy is gonna go looking for the threads...

And if its done through PM's then what?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
TonK said:

I don't like it.

LOL

I like it, about time we did this.

Question : Will this work like ebay? Because on ebay your feedback only goes up on individual ratings, so if i left TonK 3 feedback his rating would only go up 1 but the other 2 feedback would be on record but not on his rating (1)?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
TonK said:
I'm not using it...

Some of us just used it ;)

It'll be much easier for future transactions where the thread is recent and easily found. Not to hard to go backwards either if you want.

I don't think you need to have a thread linked either, do you?

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I dig it.

Since you mentioned that the feedback forum will stay on as some sort of archive/feedback-reference will users be given ratings from past transactions or will the ratings only apply to all transactions from this point forward?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
TonK said:
I'm not using it...

Good Point Actually.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
TonK said:
I'm not using it...

If its through PMs, then, no, doesn't count, public post, working link. :)

And, you will be amazed at what people will do as far as filling out feedback.

:mr_t:

10 Year Member
D-Lite said:

That wouldn't really make sense if a thread needed to be linked for feedback to be sent/received (considering the fact that many transactions are carried out through PM's with no threads being involved.)

Mouse_Master said:

Ah, I see. I suppose that does make sense.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Mouse_Master said:

I understand that. Back when EBay started you could leave random feedbacks for ANYONE.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
NeoDragoN said:
LOL

I like it, about time we did this.

Question : Will this work like ebay? Because on ebay your feedback only goes up on individual ratings, so if i left TonK 3 feedback his rating would only go up 1 but the other 2 feedback would be on record but not on his rating (1)?

Thats I do not know. I did not test that part, just wanted to make sure it did not trash the board's DB, so I did some of each on some test accounts.....

Mouse_Master

Staff member
D-Lite said:
Some of us just used it ;)

It'll be much easier for future transactions where the thread is recent and easily found. Not to hard to go backwards either if you want.

Yep, it is setup to require the URL of the thread, that way there is history to the transaction, much like Ebay's feedback system.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
buttasuperb said:
I like the idea, but the I've done so many past deals here that won't get counted which sucks.

Find the threads and nudge the other end to drop you some words and give them props at the same time.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
What about all the sellers that CLEAR OUT and change their threads to "ALL ITEMS SOLD PLEASE DELETE"?

ive seen tons of those.

Freelancer

Banned
buttasuperb said:
I like the idea, but the I've done so many past deals here that won't get counted which sucks.

My sentiments exactly.
Oh well, if this helps to make buying and selling easier (not to mention safer), I'm all for it.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Mouse_Master said:
Search -> Advanced Search -> Put in the username, and either select the specific forum or the 'Market' and it will return your results, just peek through there and find what you are looking for.

Neo-Geo.Com transactions only please, no links to outside sources, and the rules are basically the same as Ebay, keep it clean, and don't abuse it. Currently, 'Trader Rating' and the number will only appear in the Market Forums. Click the number on the user to see their specific feedback.

Hmmm thats one of the problems, basically people tend to clear thier selling threads once a sale has been done and delete everything including the titles when all is sold, so what are people really going to see when they link to a thread.

EDIT: Sorry this already got mentioned as I was typing this, phone rang, then I came back to finish my sentance lol

Last edited:

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
I think its a great idea myself, I've already went back and left feedback for the few people here I've done business with so far. It is a good thing...does suck that past sales may be hard to get feedback for, but its good for now on out.

10 Year Member
Will there be any way to remove negative feedback with a moderator's discretion?

I fear that this system will suffer from "eBay syndrome." For example, if a buyer leaves a deadbeat seller negative feedback the seller in the wrong will be almost certain to leave negative feedback out of spite, despite the fact that it's unwarranted. I've had a few sour transactions on eBay yet I haven't left negative feedback due to the fact that it would fuck my rating.

This may cause some good traders to receive unjust ratings and some bad traders not to receive the ratings they deserve.

EDIT: I understand that the thread will be linked... but without a feedback forum there will be nowhere to air "the dirty laundry" when a deal goes wrong. This may also lead to battling in the Market forums, with each party trying to defend himself in the soon-to-be-linked thread.

Last edited:

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Best I can offer for that, from now on, is to move said items to the bottom of the post, and mark them sold. For the past, well, not much can be done, which is one of the reason why the feedback forum will still be here, just closed for new posts, unless there is a problem with the hack that comes up in the next week or so....

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Brilliant!

about time

yea its a new thing so its like starting from scratch again

oh yea it will also make user keep coming back to the forum...... ;)

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
Will there be any way to remove negative feedback with a moderator's discretion?

I fear that this system will suffer from "eBay syndrome." For example, if a buyer leaves a deadbeat seller negative feedback the seller in the wrong will be almost certain to leave negative feedback out of spite, despite the fact that it's unwarranted. I've had a few sour transactions on eBay yet I haven't left negative feedback due to the fact that it would fuck my rating.

This may cause some good traders to receive unjust ratings and some bad traders not to receive the ratings they deserve.

The power exists to remove/edit feedback if needed. And, just a thought and not something I have considered or discussed with anyone, we could also set some throttle point for banning someone once they have reached a peak of negative feedback, much like Ebay does. But that is something that would need to be fleshed out in some brainstorming. IIRC, for Ebay, the magic formula is around 10% of your feedback is negative, but it depends on how many feedbacks you have gotten total, etc etc....