new IKARI coming from Playmore?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
D'apres Gamefront, SNKPlaymore travaillerait en ce moment sur un quatrième épisode de la célebre série "IKARI" chere à SNK.
Le dernier Ikari remonte à 1989 (Ikari III - The Rescue), qui succedait à deux autres épisodes: Ikari en 1986 et Ikari II: Dogosoken/Victory Road.
from Neo-Arcadia.com

my french is rusty, but I do believe a new Ikari game is in production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing Mad

Another Striker
DevilRedeemed said:
from Neo-Arcadia.com

my french is rusty, but I do believe a new Ikari game is in production!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babelfish that shit!

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
neo-arcadia said:
D'apres Gamefront, SNKPlaymore travaillerait en ce moment sur un quatrième épisode de la célebre série "IKARI" chere à SNK.
Le dernier Ikari remonte à 1989 (Ikari III - The Rescue), qui succedait à deux autres épisodes: Ikari en 1986 et Ikari II: Dogosoken/Victory Road.

Translation:
After Gamefronft, SNKPLAYMORE is now working on a forth episode of the "Ikari" series.
The last Ikari (Ikari III - The Rescue) was released in 1989 was the succesor of two other episodes: Ikari (1986) and Ikari II: Victory Road.

meh, This translation should be quite accurate even though the first part doesn't make sense to me.

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
If they have Ralk, Clark, Heidern, Leona, and Whip in the game, let's hope they don't use the kof sprite >_<

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Oh. My. God. And it would be on Atomiswave, correct? :drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
IW4 on the Atomiswave?? For me this is the most exciting news of the decade. I just hope they don't screw up by not using the good old rotary joystick. The AW surely can support it...

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Well its about time.

I have been waiting for another Ikari game for years.

When KOF 94 came out I thought that maybe that year I would see a new Ikari since Ralf and Clark showed up in fighting form.

Hoping for the best.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Thats awesome news indeed. Good to see some of the older games getting some attention.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
great jehosephat, that's frigging awesome news! thanks for helping to make my day!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Ackula

Mr. Big's Thug
Very cool news indeed, and unexpected as well..at least by me. Looking forward to screen shots heh

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Just one question, Gamefront is a good and reliable source of news ?

Last edited:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Well, Ben Herman DID say a couple years back I believe, that SNK was interested in reviving their old franchises, and he specifically mentioned Ikari Warriors and Psycho Soldier.

While I'm not exactly a fan of the original games, it's good news to hear, and it's nice that they're branching out with new original titles.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Awesome if its true, but I'm waiting for confirmation from Arcadia or MMCafe until I get excited.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I'll save my celebration for later, when its determined that the game doesn't suck a fat one.

Thank God its not a fighter.

Now where's my P.O.W., Guerilla War, Mechanized Attack, and Iron Tank sequel?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I need more confirmation from an official source before I believe this.

This comes from http://www.gamefront.de/ , this is the original German new:
Neues Ikari-Spiel von SNK Playmore?

29.12.04 - SNK Playmore scheint an einem neuen Spiel der Ikari-Serie zu arbeiten. Das geht aus einen entsprechenden Eintrag beim japanischen Markenamt hervor. Weitere Details liegen noch nicht vor.

I can read French quite OK but not German, anyway I doubt it says anything more specific than the French version.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
yeah, I hope this gets confirmed by a real source before a lot of people (like Merc) get their hopes up too high. It would be nice if true, but I wonder what form the game would take... In 2005, a 2D game like the old ones seems unlikely.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
let's keep our collective fingers crossed

maybe it'll be as good as slug 3d

about time !