Boot?

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
I bought a WindJammers off eBay and was wondering if it is a bootleg. I'm still new to this and I'm not sure how to spot them yet. The case is not the original since the label is placed over another, but I'm buying games to play, not collect so I don't really care about the case. If it's a bootleg though, that could keep me from selling it in the future if I wish to do so. All the chips seem fine, but I noticed that there seems to be several solder joints that don't seem to be factory clean. Repairs maybe? The below images are pretty large, I thought it may help to check. Thanks.

Board 1 Back
Board 1 Front
Board 2 Back
Board 2 Front

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Looks legit to me. Yeah, a few of the solder joints don't look that clean. It's hard to tell from the picture, but are those scratches or solder on the backside of the first board?

Last edited:

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
Those are scratches and I think webs. ^_^ I didn't see any solder other than where it was meant to be. Just noticed some, what looked like, flux on the board. You can barely see it in the picture on the right pins on the 3rd chip from the right on the back of board 1. In the picture, it's actually running up from the pins. There seems to be several joints that are poor and I'll probably be flowing them again anyway.

Witchboard

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks everyone. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I'm working on changing that.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Witchboard said:
Thanks everyone. Sorry to be so ignorant, but I'm working on changing that.

Your welcome..
Who said you were ignorant..Your not ignorant.

If you ever think a cart may be a boot etc,don't hesitate to ask,that's what we are here for.

Enjoy..