Where to find consolization tutorials?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I want to get a consolized MVS, but rather than buy one, I would like to make my own as it is half the fun. I know I have the soldering and technical skills necessary, I just can't seem to find any decent diagrams with what goes where.

Can anyone prod me in the right direction?

Thanks

Slipknot2K

n00b
It's an interesting post, but I think you should to ask specific questions. I think you mean a consolized mvs, not an supergun + MVS board.

Wich board do you want to use, a 2-Slot is ok?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The greatest skill is your imagination.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, I've started some how-to's for my site (www.neobitz.com) but I won't be able to get back to working on my site until after the 1st.

Jeff

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Most of the process of consolization is just common sense and following the JAMMA layout/pinout. Seriously. For the RGB lines for the video encoder, you connect them to the RGB pins on the JAMMA edge. For +5V for the encoder, you connect it to the +5V pin on the JAMMA edge. And so on.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Interesting...

Looks like this will be more interesting than I originally thought.

And yes, I intend to try and get my hands on a 2-slot mvs.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
D-Lite said:
Most of the process of consolization is just common sense and following the JAMMA layout/pinout. Seriously. For the RGB lines for the video encoder, you connect them to the RGB pins on the JAMMA edge. For +5V for the encoder, you connect it to the +5V pin on the JAMMA edge. And so on.

That's basically what I was going to say... technically the vast majority of the project is wiring to the JAMMA standard. How you case it is up to you; the possibilities are endless. Start by studying the JAMMA (or MVS) pinouts.