King of fighters maximum impact ported to the xbox only in the uk

t19con

n00b
Great news Uk gamers and that king of fighters maximum impact is finally ported to the xbox and it also has live and if you do not believe me then check out this persons thread and its at http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9595 and the news so far is that it is meant to be an only european xbox release,But at least european gamers should be proud like my self coz I also have an xbox. :)

Robert

20 Year Member
I find this decision very strange since KOF is certainly less known in Europe than in the US ( I don't even speak of japan). The only explanation for an Euro release is the fact that it's 3D so it's acceptable by euro mainstream players. But why limitating it to Europe?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Man ... this is fucked up. I know this is wishful thinking, but SNKP needs to take their heads out of their asses and give show their US fanbase a little appreciation. :spock:

t19con

n00b
Hey but do any of you think that this is true. And I have heard some news yesterday that the game is coming to North America but only for the playstation 2.But for us from Europe its for both playstation 2 and xbox,but it will be for the ps2 first.

Last edited:

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Well, I checked Ignition's website and there is no mention of an Xbox version. Of course, corporate websites like theirs often dont get updated that frequently.
An Xbox port wouldnt be totally out of the question though, because KoF:MI is programmed using Renderware, which is designed as a cross-platform games development solution (see Burnout, GTA, Headhunter Redemtion etc etc), but it would be a bit much to expect Ignition to do a port all on their own.

Mabye SNK/Playmore have one planned for a little further down the road........

EDIT: Heh, I just clicked on the link on the SNK-Capcom.com thread, it points to a picture of KoF:MI, but the text description is for the KoF2000/2001 game.
I see how that could mislead the overexcitable fan.....

Last edited:

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
toy_brain said:
Well, I checked Ignition's website and there is no mention of an Xbox version. Of course, corporate websites like theirs often dont get updated that frequently.
An Xbox port wouldnt be totally out of the question though, because KoF:MI is programmed using Renderware, which is designed as a cross-platform games development solution (see Burnout, GTA, Headhunter Redemtion etc etc), but it would be a bit much to expect Ignition to do a port all on their own.

Mabye SNK/Playmore have one planned for a little further down the road........

EDIT: Heh, I just clicked on the link on the SNK-Capcom.com thread, it points to a picture of KoF:MI, but the text description is for the KoF2000/2001 game.
I see how that could mislead the overexcitable fan.....

Gotta love people that dig up old-ass threads thinking they know more than the others... :lol:

Both Ignition and Ben Herman have openly confirmed that there will be a X-Box version in the UK. E-mail one of them and ask before you talk trash. :rolleyes:

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Robert said:
I find this decision very strange since KOF is certainly less known in Europe than in the US ( I don't even speak of japan). The only explanation for an Euro release is the fact that it's 3D so it's acceptable by euro mainstream players. But why limitating it to Europe?

tu te trompe, KOF is far more popular and played in europe than in the usa !

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Now the game can suck ass on two different platforms, sweet.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Stephane said:

I tu estas borratxo...

There are like 10 times more arcades in USA than in Europe, KOF is more popular there.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Dio_Brando said:
Gotta love people that dig up old-ass threads thinking they know more than the others... :lol:

Both Ignition and Ben Herman have openly confirmed that there will be a X-Box version in the UK. E-mail one of them and ask before you talk trash. :rolleyes:
/*Looks at date of previous post (23/12/04)
/*Slaps head
Doh!

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Dio_Brando said:

Don't be dissing boys from the North-East. The cold makes us tougher than lead!(in my pathetic dreams :crying: )

dreaggan

Cro ords, ,
Stephane said:

Et dans le Nord de la France, on a de plus grosses bites que sur la Côte d'Azure

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
What the fuck are you people on about, only Toy-Brain's posts make any sense in here.

1/ It doesn't take a genius to work out that KOF is more popular in the US, why do you think they got PS1/DC ports, US HC releases, and various other things ? Buh!

2/ KOF MI has never been down on Xbox UK schedule, i've worked in game retail nearly the last 2 years and we've never been sent anything by Ignition regarding it.

3/ If KOF MI comes out for Xbox in the UK, in fact anywhere else in the world this year i'll take a photo of me buying 5 copies of it.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Well, whatever the situation - wether an Xbox version comes out or not - I'll be picking up KoF:MI on PS2 when Ignition release it next month.
I've only spent a few minutes playing it against a friend, but it seemed allright - if a little prone to the odd framerate drop now and then, but I'm happy enough to part with my cash to show my support for SNK/Playmore and Ignition.

And if an Xbox version comes out a bit later, I'll probably double-dip on the release, just to get the sharper graphics and steadier framerate.

BTW. Anyone know who is supposedly doing the Xbox conversion? Is it being done by SNKP or are Ignition doing it themselves?

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
I still want to see some real confirmation of such a port. "News" from message boards don't count, sorry. :P

If such a port were to happen, it would certainly be released in Japan, if not in the U.S. as well, but there wouldn't be any reason for SNK to not release the game in the States and Japan if a port really was in the works for Europe.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Who cares? Anyway the best thing about this thread is those RS 200's in Lets Gekiga In's signature.