Bust-a-Move High Score Reset

M

merccat

Hello All!

I have a single slot MB running Bust-A-Move. I get complaints from people who play it because the current high scores are so astronomically high that nobody can even come close to getting on the list. I've gone through all of the soft menus and can't find an option to reset the high score, so I was wondering if there is a code that could be entered in to accomplish this? Is it even possible to reset the high score list?

Thanks!
-Ryan

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
merccat said:
Hello All!

I have a single slot MB running Bust-A-Move. I get complaints from people who play it because the current high scores are so astronomically high that nobody can even come close to getting on the list. I've gone through all of the soft menus and can't find an option to reset the high score, so I was wondering if there is a code that could be entered in to accomplish this? Is it even possible to reset the high score list?

Thanks!
-Ryan

I'm pretty sure resetting the Back Up Memory in "Hardware Test"..will reset the cart/remove the high scores..

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Did you try to put in a different game, turn on the MB, then put Puzzle Bobble back in and the High-score should be reset.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
How are you my friend..

Howdoin said:
Did you try to put in a different game, turn on the MB, then put Puzzle Bobble back in and the High-score should be reset.

True.....I'm pretty sure that works..

Though I have a Bust A Move in a 1 slot in that small cab in my kitchen...Till this day,I've yet to take the cart out.

I wonder if turning on the cab with the cart out will reset the scores..(?)(no cart plugged in)
Or does it take another game to remove that memory..

I wonder if it states anything about this in the manual..

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
No, putting a different game in will not clear the bustamove scores. I think the backup RAM has room for well over 10 games. The only way to clear it would be to clear the backup RAM as chris originally said. Be aware though that this will also reset all cabinet softDIPS as well as game softDIPS. Be sure to set all that up again after if the machine is in a location earning money (probably best to make a note of the settings before you reset the backup RAM).

Raz.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Razoola said:
No, putting a different game in will not clear the bustamove scores. I think the backup RAM has room for well over 10 games. The only way to clear it would be to clear the backup RAM as chris originally said. Be aware though that this will also reset all cabinet softDIPS as well as game softDIPS. Be sure to set all that up again after if the machine is in a location earning money (probably best to make a note of the settings before you reset the backup RAM).

Raz.

Thanks Raz....

........................................................................................................
Just goes to show how much I still don't know about the Neo MVS
I learn something everyday..

2004SSSlot.jpg

2004Slot2.jpg

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
My MV1A saves 7 game hi-scores. When I insert a new one the oldest one I played from that list of seven gets lost.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
My MV1A saves 7 game hi-scores. When I insert a new one the last one I played from that list of seven gets lost.

Thats intresting, I always though it was the game that was the oldest of the saves that got overwritten (the save for the game that hasent been played for the longest time before putting the new game in).

Raz

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Razoola said:
Thats intresting, I always though it was the game that was the oldest of the saves that got overwritten (the save for the game that hasent been played for the longest time before putting the new game in).

Raz

Sorry, that was bad English on my part, obviously it's the oldest one what gets overwritten. When I said "last" I meant the one which is at the bottom of the list, the one that hasn't been played for the longest time.