SNK Playmore USA Corporation...

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION Changes Name to SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION

Name change brings division in line with parent company consolidation

WALL, NJ. – December 17, 2004 – SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that effective immediately they will be known as SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION to better facilitate worldwide recognition. The name change brings the US division in line with its Japanese parent company, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, which consolidated all of its divisions worldwide under one brand on November 15, 2004.

newlogo2.gif

“The name may have changed, but the business model remains the same” said Ben Herman, president of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. “SNK is and always will be about bringing great games to the marketplace.”

All communication will be updated with the new name. The new website is http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
Over the past 15 years, SNK has published classic arcade titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, BASEBALL STARS, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, and FATAL FURY on a wide variety of home gaming and handhelds systems. You can find more information about SNK Playmore USA CORPORATION games at www.snkplaymoreusa.com

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
Removal of the "Neo-Geo' from the company name clearly states that they are moving on.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
They only changed their name *once* this week?

Meh.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Activities like this show me how shakey this company has become over the years.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
playmore is a gay name.
so was the playstation.
they would have better off with calling it the sony sonystation.
come to think of it SNKmore would be tolerable.
or how about NEOGEOMORE.
really though.
/me sheds a tear.
thank god they're not exposing the NEO to the crap they're making nowadays.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Activities like this show me how shakey this company has become over the years.

Werd, reminds me of the in-house SEGA re-devision shifting etc blah AM2, Rosso, whatever, we have no money, blah....

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
kanakura said:
SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION Changes Name to SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION

Reall stupid move. The "SNK NEO GEO" name and logo were fine. No one knows what the fuck "playmore" is and no one cares.

It's shit like this (and metal slug 3D) which shows that P has no idea what they are doing. They want to gain as much "mainstream" market share as possible but yet they make a name change that will only futrther alienate them. Nice.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Baseley09 said:
Werd, reminds me of the in-house SEGA re-devision shifting etc blah AM2, Rosso, whatever, we have no money, blah....

Yeah, it is a bit of a shambles all round. They should stop worrying about their name, it makes no difference. concentrate on making games. roll on Metal Slug 3D
:oh_no:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Oh well ... that's it. Not even a trace of the Neo is left now. :crying:

On the positive side, I guess this sort of keeps them from being able to shit on the Neo Geo name any longer.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
galfordo said:
Oh well ... that's it. Not even a trace of the Neo is left now. :crying:

On the positive side, I guess this sort of keeps them from being able to shit on the Neo Geo name any longer.

I agree, if they would keep on doing 3-D versions of what we have come to know and love, it's better to keep the Neo name out.

Robert

20 Year Member
When I have read the title topic of the topic I was expecting a "make fun of playmore name" creative contest and I was right but at least I have found a decent answer.

buttasuperb said:
Fact: I don't give a shit what the name is, just put out some good games plz.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The name change sux but kinda fits cus they (probably) won't be putting out any furure games on the NEO hardware.....

I just wonder when the GOOD games are gunna start coming out on the Atomiswave, hopefully NGBC is cool, so far it looks pretty cool.

DK

n00b
Rocket scientists ...

Why not just "SNK Playmore Corporation of USA" so they can use the same SNK Playmore logo everywhere? I mean it'd still be fucking stupid, but it's like "smart fucking stupid" as opposed to "fucking stupid fucking stupid."