Metal Slug 3-D Video on EGM DVD 5

l337kunio

n00b
Has anybody seen the video of Metal Slug 3-D on the new EGM DVD (it comes with the magazine's newsstand edition)? There's a 30 second blurb on the Tokyo Game Show Video Diary segment. The CG intro looks awesome, as does the new MS logo, and the in-game character models look exactly like their MS3 counterparts, but the gameplay looks like some kind of poopy fan game made by a 10 year old in his spare time. I'll have to upload screenshots whenever I can get access to my home comp. (It'll be around Thursday or so).

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I haven't gotten that issue yet cause it's EGM and I figured wasn't nothing important about that issue to make me get it quickly. So far that sounds like the only bright spot on the dvd since the other ones have sucked big time, you'd think the tokyo game show would have gotten more then coverage on it.

And did they put those dorks who act out games on it again?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/49/89/ME0000498986_2.jpg
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/49/89/ME0000498987_2.jpg
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/49/89/ME0000498988_2.jpg
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/49/89/ME0000498989_2.jpg
http://img.kult-mag.com/photos/00/00/49/89/ME0000498990_2.jpg

Is this an attempt at humor? seriously

To be honest, it's fairly difficult to say how far into development the game is right now because it was only shown in video form, and most of the environments were sparsely populated. The game did look like it would be fun if more enemies were present, but it's definitely an early work in progress. Either way, more information will be forthcoming in the near future.
Nothing wrong with the wait and see attitude

that is just...terrifying

please...make...it...stop

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

there are 2 things I absolutely hate in that text:
"3D" and "lock-on"

that's just so...no, it can't be, I'm just having a nightmare

lol.gif

Definitely a nightmare,this changes the whole concept.It removes what was great and replaces it with the mainstream garbage.

As much as this seems as a shock to me, I am STILL going to get it because I am a fan of Metal Slug, no matter what. I am not going to ditch my favorite series just because it went to *gasp* 3D. I will always stick to Metal Slug, 2D or 3D, it matters not to me. Who knows, this game might actually have a chance, if they stick true to the Metal Slug Formula except in a 3D enviroment. Here's for 4 player Co-op!

You sir are an employee of the company or have money to burn because that ain't Metal Slug. That looks more like a 3-D Ikari Warriors or Taito's Front Line.
a true fan of the series would'nt support that crap because if it does'nt sell,they will never attempt a stunt like this again.
What I just saw goes beyond words.

-BB

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Marco actually looks like some type of midget :oh_no: :kekeke:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Marco actually looks like some type of midget :oh_no: :kekeke:

That's probably their delusional way of believing this game(?) stays in touch with it's roots.
lol.gif

When I saw that pic,I asked myself,"Why would they attempt to make a cartoonish character with realistic face?"
oooooooooh
lol.gif

There is NO DOUBT that they are just selling product on name recognition alone nowadays......
-BB

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Agreed, Marco looks like some sort of demented midget.
I understand this game is probably still in its early stages of development, but from what I've seen they'd have to scrap it all and start again to avoid a disaster.
I'm usually willing to give anything a chance and I will definitely try to get my hands on a demo copy if EGM or any of the other mags throws one in with one of its issues, but, man-- I can't see this thing being SNK-P's Metroid Prime.

They should have AT LEAST gone for a more stylized or cel-shaded look or something along those lines. This looks like something that could have been run on ps1 hardware.
I think they should have waited a console generation until the technology to capture the look of Slug in 3D was a little closer.
ps3, anyone?

Last edited:

l337kunio

n00b
Yung Burnout said:
And did they put those dorks who act out games on it again?

Yeah, this time the guys from Mega64 act out California Games. It's yawn-worthy, but the ending is alright.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
ken_dong said:
Shit game for sure...

What he said.

And I have seen better GFX on the N64 than on that Metal Slug wannabe game.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
dark penguin said:
Agreed, Marco looks like some sort of demented midget.
I understand this game is probably still in its early stages of development, but from what I've seen they'd have to scrap it all and start again to avoid a disaster.
I'm usually willing to give anything a chance and I will definitely try to get my hands on a demo copy if EGM or any of the other mags throws one in with one of its issues, but, man-- I can't see this thing being SNK-P's Metroid Prime.

They should have AT LEAST gone for a more stylized or cel-shaded look or something along those lines. This looks like something that could have been run on ps1 hardware.
I think they should have waited a console generation until the technology to capture the look of Slug in 3D was a little closer.
ps3, anyone?

True it would have been the most reasonable choice to do a Slug 3D game cel-shaded style. It's the only way the humor and frantic action of the slug series could have been shown in the proper way of it's 2D brothers, hell look what capcom did with BoF 5 or Klanoa 2. After looking at those links my choice of getting it just to suport SNP and to have another slug title went down big time, in this day in age when even the crappiest ps2 game looks nice there's no excuse on churning out a psx looking game like that

l337kunio said:
Yeah, this time the guys from Mega64 act out California Games. It's yawn-worthy, but the ending is alright.

Bloody hell

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The irony of people here complaining about graphics is quite amusing to me.

That said, those are the same screens from TGS, and the game was in alpha developmental stages. There's a distinct possibility that the game we see there and the one that's released will be very different, particularly after the flak SNKP took after its fans saw such a sub par preview.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
even if its an alpha it shows where the game is going, and it looks like complete shit. why cant they just do what the fans want? a high res 2d metal slug.....

Curt

apostate
The Graphics wouldnt even mean anything to me, as long as it rested on a 2D plane, ala Contra Shattered Soldier... I feel a Camera over the shoulder... cannot be Metal Slug as we know it, it's something else.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
i find it funny how we are complaining about graphics but, i like them they look like Worms 3d graphics style. Also the game is still in an alpha stage so its very hard to figure out how it will turn out. Its sad you guys look at 5-6 screen shots and you can write a review on the game? Have some hope geez

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
crap...absolute crap

muddy textures...and that RADAR?! If its "kill all the dots, then move to next area" (like that shitty new TMNT game) I will kill someone.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Those pics are old alpha. It might be better nowadays, and the whole game might look like it isnt made in the World of Warcraft engine

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Neo-Geo fans complaining about graphics! :kekeke:

voodoodoctorx said:
even if its an alpha it shows where the game is going, and it looks like complete shit. why cant they just do what the fans want? a high res 2d metal slug.....

Any real SNK fan already knows they´ve confirmed MS6 in high res for the AW a while ago already, and that the 3D one is direct for console.

sammy022xs.jpg

People here only complain like little bitches because they don´t have new Neo-Geo carts to buy (and keep neatly on the shelf - it´s the only thing they know how to do). :kekeke:

SNKJorge

Dio_Brando said:
Neo-Geo fans complaining about graphics! :kekeke:

Any real SNK fan already knows they´ve confirmed MS6 in high res for the AW a while ago already, and that the 3D one is direct for console.

sammy022xs.jpg

People here only complain like little bitches because they don´t have new Neo-Geo carts to buy (and keep neatly on the shelf - it´s the only thing they know how to do). :kekeke:

Yeah, I'll fucking destroy you in Metal Slug X scoring. Faggot.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
OrochiEddie said:
Also the game is still in an alpha stage so its very hard to figure out how it will turn out. Its sad you guys look at 5-6 screen shots and you can write a review on the game? Have some hope geez

I think this sums things up pretty well. Never know, it could actually be good.

SNKJorge

OrochiEddie said:
i find it funny how we are complaining about graphics but, i like them they look like Worms 3d graphics style. Also the game is still in an alpha stage so its very hard to figure out how it will turn out. Its sad you guys look at 5-6 screen shots and you can write a review on the game? Have some hope geez

And I find it funny how neogeoless faggots like you and the other fucktard
dio_brando, are always 'hoping' for the next 3D snk game to be the best
ever. Fucking idiots. :oh_no: