SVC Chaos & SS5 US release for PS2! - at least Buyrite says so...

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
My uncle once told me that Elvis wasn't dead, but working at a Burger King in Cuba with Castro and JFK. That must be true too.

Seriously...that's a bunch of malarky. Until there's an article or press anouncement from Gamespot and NeoGeoUsa Consumer--don't hold your breath.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
EGM had originally reported SVC for ps2 a few months back, but the last I heard is that it got canned due to Sony's disinterest in 2D games and the fact that they wanted it bundled together with other SNK 2D games at a value price.
I believe EGM has removed the game from their "upcoming games" calendar, and I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

It's possible buyrite just hasn't updated their upcoming release data to reflect SVC being cancelled.

winter

King's Dry Cleaner
Buyrite is a scammer. I could try to look up the word scammer in 500 other languages, but it would still mean the same thing. DON"T BUY FROM THEM!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sure that they would take your money

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
You should order it, then do a chargeback in February

or better yet, stab yourself in the stomach and go swimming in the Dead Sea

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
i still see SSV on ebgame's pre-order list in the store's

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Tu Pac is still alive, I SWEAR!

Buyrite?! Sorry. Unless SNK NEO GEO Usa offically states that there will be a PS2 release, I'm not believing a single word from no one about these releases.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
OT:

I heard SSVS special would come out for the PS2 in Japan. What kind of fatalities would it have?

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm shocked that this will be the 12th post in this thread and I have
yet to see the obligatory, "Why does everyone say Buyrite are scammers? I have bought a ton of stuff from them with no problem" reply. Someone please step up and fill the void before I lose all hope.

Jeff

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
SoloFenris said:
I'm shocked that this will be the 12th post in this thread and I have
yet to see the obligatory, "Why does everyone say Buyrite are scammers? I have bought a ton of stuff from them with no problem" reply. Someone please step up and fill the void before I lose all hope.

Jeff
Okay, I'll step up, even though I've never bought a thing from them...
Why does everyone say that Buyrite are scammers? I have bought a ton of stuff from them with no problem.
:kekeke:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Lets see...

Both SVC Chaos and SS5 were canned for PS2 development because of SCEA's anti-2d policies. SNK Playmore tried to bring SVC Chaos to the PS2 last year along with Metal Slug 3 but they ended up being XBox only because of the aforementioned reason. As it stands right now, SS5 is only coming to the Xbox next year.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Mail Buyrite a picture of goatse hooking it up with tubgirl. It'll be like a virtual family reunion when they open that letter.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
SVC Chaos does get a PAL PS2 release on the 28th January, if that's any good to anyone.