Here comes the Goketuji Medley

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
i don't know if someone had posted that, but noise factory has annouced the Goketuji Box for the january 15th, 8.500 yens for the 5 cds (or 2.000 yens for every single cd).

here you can find the playlist and order the box:
http://www.noise.co.jp/shop/goukethuzi.htm

Viva Algeria :buttrock:

Last edited:

Robert

20 Year Member
From my memories, Matrimelee had some decent themes but is it enough to buy the CD? I don't know.
Is it OST or AST?

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
Goketuji Ichizuku= Original Version
Goketuji Ichizuku 2= PSone Version
Goketuji Ichizuku Gaiden= Original Version
Groove On Fight= Saturn Version
Matrimelee= ? (composed Toshikazu Tanaka, maybe some re-materised version?)

from GI2, you get singing (GIgaiden have the same Matrimelee "lalala" opening theme -in fact, Matrimelee is just some GIgaiden 'Alpha in 1Vs1-)

GOF have some of the best soundtrack on saturn (rap, rock,...)

i think that this box 'll really rocks! :buttrock:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
When I first sawu that thread, I thought "wtf, how they were able to pull out 5 CDs from Matrimelee?" but now I see that's the WHOLE series!

:drool_2: :drool_2: :drool_2:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm curious as to how they can release an OST for the first game seeing as how it consisted of only 3 songs, all of which consisted of 6 seconds of music repeated ad nauseum.

That said, looking forward to it.

Kinniku

Quiz Detective
Fygee said:
I'm curious as to how they can release an OST for the first game seeing as how it consisted of only 3 songs, all of which consisted of 6 seconds of music repeated ad nauseum.

I´m afraid you played a bootleg.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Awesome! This is the best Neo News I've heard in ages.

I was considering hunting down all the originals through Amazon Japan, but now it looks like I don't have to.

Viva Algeria!

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/file/matrimelee_lyrics.txt

tsukaesugi

Just read the webpage- it looks like they're only producing the sets to order. If 100 people order it, they'll make 100 sets.

I sent 'em off an email for an order for the entire set, I'll let you know what happens.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
Just read the webpage- it looks like they're only producing the sets to order. If 100 people order it, they'll make 100 sets.

I sent 'em off an email for an order for the entire set, I'll let you know what happens.

Wow, this set is going to be mighty limited...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Thanks for the news, I'm very interested in this box set.
However click-stick.com had announced this a while back.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kinniku said:
I´m afraid you played a bootleg.

Wouldn't surprise me. It was a lot of years ago too, so... :\

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Fygee said:

Not sure what you listened to that was masquerading as the Gouketsuji Ichizoku OST, Fygee, but the soundtrack CD I've got for it is anything but short on tracks and variety thereof. Hook up with us for a Las Vegas get-together and I'll bring the CD along and let you have a listen -- good stuff.

Based on a simple comparison of the track listings of the original Gouketsuji series CDs and the information found on the page gozu+mezu linked to (thanks again for that, btw!), here are the differences I'm seeing between the original CD releases and these new limited-release CDs:

1. Gouketsuji Ichizoku (Original Version)
>>> This is the original arcade soundtrack -- the only home ports I'm aware of were the Super Famicom and MegaDrive ports, and naturally Noise Factory's not going to use those versions of the soundtrack. <<<

On the original Gouketsuji Ichizoku OST CD (PCCB-00145, 01/21/1994), the Map Screen and Versus Screen Themes were recorded on a single track, with a slight pause between each. On the new re-release CD, they've been broken up into two separate tracks.

2. Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2 ~Chotto dake Saikyou Densetsu~ (PlayStation Version)
>>> GI2~CdSD~ was a PlayStation-only port that combined aspects of the arcade games, Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2 and it's "upgrade sequel" Gouketsuji Gaiden Saikyou Densetsu. At the moment, I can't comment on the sound/arrangement differences between GI2~CdSD~'s soundtrack and those of the GI2 & GGSD arcade games (it's been quite a while since I've played GI2~CdSD~ or listened to the GI2 & GGSD OST CDs), but track-wise, this new GI2~CdSD~ OST CD is similar to the content of the original Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2 OST CD (PCCB-00171, 12/16/1994). <<<

Track 4 is the Start Screen Theme from the arcade game, GI2. Track 5 is the Start Screen Theme from the PS game, GI2~CdSD~ (and, therefore, wasn't on the original GI2 OST CD).

Tracks 18 (Hattori Saizo's Theme (Hidden BGM): Namida no "..." (Full Chorus Version)) and 40 (Angela Belti's Theme (Hidden BGM): Mottainai (Full Chorus Version)) weren't on the original GI2 OST CD, either.

Track 22 (Hananokoji Kurara's Theme (Arrange Version): Mahou-mitai na koi shitai (Full Chorus Version)) is not the original version featuring Mitsuishi Kotono on vocals. Unfortunately, Noise Factory doesn't indicate who they got to sing the song in her place. Mitsuishi Kotono was the original voice of Hananokoji Kurara (misspelled "Clara" in Matrimelee), and has gone on to become a hugely prolific voice actress (Americans will recognize her from such anime as Dragon Half (Mink), Shinseiki Evangelion (Misato), Excel Saga (Excel), GEAR Fighter Dendoh (Vega), Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED (Ramius), Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), and the first Garou Densetsu / Fatal Fury anime (Shiranui Mai) -- and from such video games as the Dead or Alive series (Christie), Knuckle Heads (Claudia Silva), and the Justice Gakuen / Rival Schools series (Minazuki Kyoko)).

Track 35 (Staff Roll: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2 Medley) is not the same as the track of the same name found on the original GI2 OST CD. Rather, it is the Arrange Version of the Staff Roll Theme found on the CD included in Gamest Mook Vol. 3: Gouketsuji Ichizoku 2.

3. Gouketsuji Gaiden Saikyou Densetsu (Original Version)
>>> This is the original arcade soundtrack -- GGSD never really had a console port, although some of its features were incorporated into the PS game, GI2~CdSD~. <<<

Kurara's Theme (Mahou-mitai na koi shitai Part II) appears to be missing from this new re-release CD. It was the 17th track on the original GGSD OST CD (PCCB-00190, 09/21/1995), and featured vocals by Mitsuishi Kotono. I wonder if Noise Factory found themselves unable to secure permission from Mitsuishi to use her original recordings as a part of this re-release project, or perhaps found that Mitsuishi's increasing popularity in the years that followed GI2 and GGSD made it cheaper to leave her original recordings out.

4. Gouketsuji Ichizoku 3 GROOVE ON FIGHT (Sega Saturn Version)
>>> GOF was originally released on Sega's ST-V arcade hardware, and then ported to the Sega Saturn console. At the moment, I can't comment on the sound/arrangement differences between the arcade and Saturn soundtracks (it's been quite a while since I've played my Saturn or listened to the arcade OST CD), but track-wise, this new GOF OST CD is similar to the content of the original GROOVE ON FIGHT OST CD (PCCB-00263, 06/18/1997). <<<

Track 25 is the Omake Screen Theme from the Saturn port of GOF. As such, it wasn't on the original GOF OST CD.

5. Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Matrimelee
>>> This appears to be the original arcade soundtrack from Matrimelee. The original OST CD was released by Noise Factory themselves, available exclusively through their website (although National Console Support (and possibly other importers) ordered a sizeable stock of the CD for resale on its own website). This new re-release CD appears similar to the original OST CD, with one major difference. <<<

The Matrimelee re-release OST CD doesn't appear to include the 4 Bonus Tracks found at the end of the original OST CD:
- Player Select (Unused Version)
- Chiisa na shiawase (Unused Version)
- Voice Maniacs (Staff Roll, Overseas Version)
- Bokura no himitsu (Full chorus Arrange Version)

One final, big difference
The original releases of the first 4 CDs all included Voice & Sound Effects Collections (the Matrimelee OST CD did not). It appears that none of the re-release CDs have Voice & Sound Effects Collections. This makes this set somewhat similar to the KOF series and Samurai Spirits series CD boxed sets released earlier this year by Sony -- none of the CDs in those collections included Voice & Sound Effects tracks, either.

--Chris

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris said:
Track 22 (Hananokoji Kurara's Theme (Arrange Version): Mahou-mitai na koi shitai (Full Chorus Version)) is not the original version featuring Mitsuishi Kotono on vocals. Unfortunately, Noise Factory doesn't indicate who they got to sing the song in her place. Mitsuishi Kotono was the original voice of Hananokoji Kurara (misspelled "Clara" in Matrimelee), and has gone on to become a hugely prolific voice actress (Americans will recognize her from such anime as Dragon Half (Mink), Shinseiki Evangelion (Misato), Excel Saga (Excel), GEAR Fighter Dendoh (Vega), Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED (Ramius), Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon), and the first Garou Densetsu / Fatal Fury anime (Shiranui Mai) -- and from such video games as the Dead or Alive series (Christie), Knuckle Heads (Claudia Silva), and the Justice Gakuen / Rival Schools series (Minazuki Kyoko)).

I think the Clara/Kurara thing is intentional, you know, pretty much PURIKURA being 'Princess Clara' -> 'PURInsessu KURAra' just to make the 'PURIKURA' (Print CLub) pun imho.

Neverless, as for Mitsuishi Kotono's acting in games, we really cannot skip her role in the Y's series, as for the Lylia character. She also recorded an Image Album, called 'Lylia: from Y's'. Four of those songs (namely 'you are the only one' 'Aoi Legend', 'Fall in Star' and 'Tooi Sora no Yakusoku') were lately included as 'guest songs' in the very Evangelion show. :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Much respect to the G.I. series. The Gouketuji Ichizoku 2 sound track is too good.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Shito said:
I think the Clara/Kurara thing is intentional, you know, pretty much PURIKURA being 'Princess Clara' -> 'PURInsessu KURAra' just to make the 'PURIKURA' (Print CLub) pun imho.

I'm pretty sure that it was indeed intentional.
I remember reading somewhere that Atlus did it because the orders they recieved for Purikura Daisakusen increased when they used the Purikura name (due to the popularity of the Print Club machines).
They later did it again with Princess Crown (PURInsessu KURAun) and it had a similar result.
Or something like that.

But its been a while, so I might not remember everything exactly.

PS: Kirara > Kurara

Edit: Pity that the Purikura Daisakusen OST isn't included...I can understand why, but still...

Last edited:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Shito said:
Oh, yeah -- I'm familiar with the Print Club = PuriKura / Princess Kurara Daisakusen = PuriKura thing (although, I must admit I'd overlooked the same thing in the Princess Crown title). I was just taking the opportunity to bitch about Noise Factory's Matrimelee using romanizations of characters' names other than those already established in the previous installments of the Gouketsuji / Power Instinct series (Kurara, Thin Nen, Otane, Oume, & Annie being changed to Clara, Chinnen, Tane, Ume, & Anny).

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
The Gouketsuji soundtrack re-release webpage was recently updated to include small scans of the front and back covers of the 5 CDs, and an image of the calendar pages included with the limited edition CD boxed set. Here's a link to a Yahoo! Japan auction for the 5th CD, with a few more images.

--Chris

SNKJorge

Dash no Chris said:
The Gouketsuji soundtrack re-release webpage was recently updated to include small scans of the front and back covers of the 5 CDs, and an image of the calendar pages included with the limited edition CD boxed set. Here's a link to a Yahoo! Japan auction for the 5th CD, with a few more images.

--Chris

Great! I've been waiting for this. I thought it was going to be sold as a bundle
set of all five cd's? Kinda like the KOF or the SS ones. Where can I get this?
Are you going to carry any?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
xtoo_short20x said:
Great! I've been waiting for this. I thought it was going to be sold as a bundle set of all five cd's? Kinda like the KOF or the SS ones.
The CDs are available either individually (for 2000 yen each), or as a limited edition boxed set (which includes the bonus calendar pages -- at a price of 8500 yen). The boxed set was a one-time production run, based on the number of preorders received before the cutoff date of 1/15/2005 -- Noise Factory only produced exactly enough boxed sets to satisfy the preorders.
xtoo_short20x said:
Where can I get this? Are you going to carry any?
Unfortunately, like the other soundtrack CDs listed on Noise Factory's website, these are only being distributed via the website. Since they are not being offerred to Japanese retailers, our supplier will not be able to stock these CDs, therefore neither will Hoteiya Las Vegas. Currently these CDs are only available by directly ordering them from Noise Factory's website.

--Chris

SNKJorge

Dash no Chris said:
The CDs are available either individually (for 2000 yen each), or as a limited edition boxed set (which includes the bonus calendar pages -- at a price of 8500 yen). The boxed set was a one-time production run, based on the number of preorders received before the cutoff date of 1/15/2005 -- Noise Factory only produced exactly enough boxed sets to satisfy the preorders.

--Chris

Yahoo! JP will have to do then :oh_no:

SNKJorge

tsukaesugi said:

So did you get a set?

tsukaesugi

xtoo_short20x said:
So did you get a set?

Whoops, forgot about this thread.

Yep, I got a set.

There's no box though, they arrived loose. I got a mini-calendar too. 12 months of Goketsuji. w00t.