34 iz da key.

45a.jpg

Cyber Woo: "Hey! Algeria 'll ever kick azz"

:buttrock: Viva Algeria

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
viva Algeria indeed :buttrock:
nice to see you back my man. hope you stick around.

I wish there where more characters in this, something to flesh it out a bit more but this should be a blast - hopefully a sequel will include characters that are not here present.

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
DevilRedeemed said:
I wish there where more characters in this, something to flesh it out a bit more but this should be a blast - hopefully a sequel will include characters that are not here present.

had you already forgotten SVC CHAOS secret characters number?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
gozu+mezu said:
had you already forgotten SVC CHAOS secret characters number?

you're right. even neowave had a good few secret characters. here's hoping.

by the way
66a.jpg

yuck.
I know that's just a screenshot but they could have done without that character.
well, I guess in a way it pays serious homage to fatal fury so its quite a small gripe.

I really hope the day will come when each character has his or her own level as in the days of old. these are great but something was lost when games stopped with that old tradition.

EDIT: I don't know if its been mentioned yet or is widely known but there definetly appears to be samurai showdown zooming. which is great.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
66a.jpg

yuck.
I know that's just a screenshot but they could have done without that character.
The only character in this game I'm looking forward to MORE than Chonshu, is Tung...

Speaking of Tung, what's that air move in the screen shot second row to the bottom on the left?! Does he have a new air projectile, like a Shipuuken, or is this some redrawn interpretation of his jumping C from RB2...? Other than his super, this is the first real hint of how he will be in this game. Every other piture of him is him geting hit, thrown, shot, etc. I've been wondering how they would integrate him back into a 4 attack button control scheme; if they would maybe make some new normals for him based on old FFS stuff or something...

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
gozu+mezu said:
Nevermind, I see... they made 2 portraits for Cyber Woo, 1 character. I don't buy 34 as a total anyway... there's no way that they told us this soon who the boss is, so that's 35 right there.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
That background with the ship from Last Resort is f'ing rad! :eek:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
it's just a shame game is not running on mvs hardware

it could have been done minus the omg HIgh Rez ! backgrounds

i feel kinda angry because it's the first playmore game with "a soul",yeah?

it's almost incredible it's coming from the same company who made svcc

just imagine svcc made PROPERLY,ala nbc

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:
it's just a shame game is not running on mvs hardware

it could have been done minus the omg HIgh Rez ! backgrounds

i feel kinda angry because it's the first playmore game with "a soul",yeah?

it's almost incredible it's coming from the same company who made svcc

just imagine svcc made PROPERLY,ala nbc

I dont know yet. NGBC may be a flop also. People were real happy with all the new svc sprites, then the game turned out to be so broken its not even competitively worth a shit.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I dont know yet. NGBC may be a flop also. People were real happy with all the new svc sprites, then the game turned out to be so broken its not even competitively worth a shit.

i wasn't happy with the svcc sprites... :(

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran said:
i wasn't happy with the svcc sprites... :(

The game reminds me of the holocaust for some reason. Especially that one stage that looks like and abandoned railroad or some shit. The music is also some of the worst I've ever heard in a SNK game. I love good gameplay, but the game is just DEPRESSING in a awkward way.

The first time I played that at my cade down here, I was nearly undefeated with terry, I had like 14+ streak with his cheap ass. Then I moved over to dhalsim, then sagat, then I realized how fucked the game was. My friends would get so pissed at the cheap shit I had with dhalsim, cause at the time I didnt give a shit. It didnt age well though, as the game is just fucked, PERIOD.

If you follow the AOF DB BR crew you will like this vid, just make sure you are on dsl on or higher, cause this download can kill a day with 56.
My friend sent me a link to this vid cause he hates svc also.
V Ken, high jumping O Iori ruined that game for me alone.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/spower/svc/junction.htm

Best SVC video.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
The game reminds me of the holocaust for some reason.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/spower/svc/junction.htm

Best SVC video.

will download the video tomorrow or so,cheers
yeah,svcc is pheraps the worst fighting game i have ever played
even games like matrimelee or rage of the dragons
games that would have been considered "below average" in 1993
are a lot better than svcc
maybe it's the whole "this is not the final game,just a 30 % beta" vibe it's got to it...
maybe the most depressing backgrounds of the past 2 decades,
maybe the shitty - horribly animated sprites -
man,i was FLABBERGASTED when i first saw balrog's b,f + P special move
it has,like,2 FRAMES
the music,the fucked up hit boxes...
svcc is just a NIGHTMARE

there are only 3 things i like in svcc : red arremer,his sprite,his stage

oh,make it 4

demitri's df+ C command move

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I liked all the capcom character sprites in SVCC.

I liked the prefight interactions.

The HSDMs? Very well decided, almost all of them.

The artwork? Great.

So the gameplay wasn't all you desired. It's still a very fun game.

Matrimelee?

Olof, Buntaro, Shintaro, Hikaru, Jimmy, Linn, and Poochi.

I wasn't fond of the rest of the characters, but at least 7 were fun to play as. It was a start. And it's a lot more fun to play than any of the 1993 SNK games except Samurai Shodown.

You guys can love your FFS, I don't care. I was never into that game. I was never into AoF (trash). There's nothing to appreciate art, character design, or anything else - except the petty fact you're probably better than most other players (because no one likes those obsolete games anymore). Now a scrub can put up a fight and suddenly the game is garbage to you. :shame:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
I liked all the capcom character sprites in SVCC.

I liked the prefight interactions.

The HSDMs? Very well decided, almost all of them.

The artwork? Great.

So the gameplay wasn't all you desired. It's still a very fun game.

Matrimelee?

Olof, Buntaro, Shintaro, Hikaru, Jimmy, Linn, and Poochi.

I wasn't fond of the rest of the characters, but at least 7 were fun to play as. It was a start. And it's a lot more fun to play than any of the 1993 SNK games except Samurai Shodown.

You guys can love your FFS, I don't care. I was never into that game. I was never into AoF (trash). There's nothing to appreciate art, character design, or anything else - except the petty fact you're probably better than most other players (because no one likes those obsolete games anymore). Now a scrub can put up a fight and suddenly the game is garbage to you. :shame:

Okay, who hacked charlies account and wrote all that stupid shit?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I've only played svc for like ten minutes in total. it looked and felt flawed, but I appreciated the overall 'effort'

yeah, it probably sucked to play , but I only had a ten minute feck around.. so.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Okay, who hacked charlies account and wrote all that stupid shit?

You stupid fuck. You know I've always supported SVCC and Matrimelee. They aren't perfect, but touting any SNK fighting game from 1993 other than SS in comparison is 100% stupid. Fatal Fury wasn't worth playing until Real Bout. AoF waasn't worth playing until 3. So you guys are off by a few years.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
You stupid fuck. You know I've always supported SVCC and Matrimelee. They aren't perfect, but touting any SNK fighting game from 1993 other than SS in comparison is 100% stupid. Fatal Fury wasn't worth playing until Real Bout. AoF waasn't worth playing until 3. So you guys are off by a few years.

Yeah, thats cause you played ffs maybe a few times and gave up on it cause the AI pwned you.

I like matrimelee btw, but comparing it to ffs is like apples and some guys sweaty nutz.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
They aren't perfect, but touting any SNK fighting game from 1993 other than SS in comparison is 100% stupid. Fatal Fury wasn't worth playing until Real Bout.
Put the pipe down. That statement ranks up there with Chip's statement that Nintendo has never made a good handheld. FFS was, when it was released, and remains to this day, one of the best fighting games ever made. You like SS better? Fine. But idolizing it while not recognizing FFS's qualities is 100% stupid.

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Lord Wolfgang and Fran, I totally agree with you guys about SvC.

The game is really broken, and the possibility to pick the hidden bosses makes the game even worse. The player must not only survive the genocide made by Terry, Chunli and the fucked up Ground Step system, but the bosses too. It's hard to believe the game was made after 1992.

If you follow the AOF DB BR crew you will like this vid, just make sure you are on dsl on or higher, cause this download can kill a day with 56.
My friend sent me a link to this vid cause he hates svc also.
V Ken, high jumping O Iori ruined that game for me alone.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/oroc...vc/junction.htm

Best SVC video.

Thanks.

Wait to see our next video, about KOF 95.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
Put the pipe down. That statement ranks up there with Chip's statement that Nintendo has never made a good handheld. FFS was, when it was released, and remains to this day, one of the best fighting games ever made. You like SS better? Fine. But idolizing it while not recognizing FFS's qualities is 100% stupid.

FFS's only surviving quality is that the used homecart is worth more than 95% of other games from it's era. It's ugly as sin and still plays like ass.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, thats cause you played ffs maybe a few times and gave up on it cause the AI pwned you.

Oh yeah, found me out. I made my judgment based on playing the AI. :rolleyes:

Because back in 1993 I played FFS all alone in my room. not.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
Oh yeah, found me out. I made my judgment based on playing the AI. :rolleyes:

Because back in 1993 I played FFS all alone in my room. not.

damn man.. so you didn't see the scope when playing or watching FFS? the amount of characters, colour, incredible backrounds? I couldn't help but be taken aback by it all. I feel it really set it up for KOF. it had that celebratory quality to it.
I happen to like almost everything that came out on the system, ofcourse some to greater extent and some to lesser, but I will even defend stuff like ninja kombat. its very cool indeed that the SNK system housed enough games which got people with different tastes to participate, this being showcased right here. but it really feels incomprehensible to my mind that someone that's into the neo can diss AOF 1 and 2 and FF1 and the others. that's not a critique, rather a reflection of how my (fanboy?) mind works.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
damn man.. so you didn't see the scope when playing or watching FFS? the amount of characters, colour, incredible backrounds? I couldn't help but be taken aback by it all. I feel it really set it up for KOF. it had that celebratory quality to it.
I happen to like almost everything that came out on the system, ofcourse some to greater extent and some to lesser, but I will even defend stuff like ninja kombat. its very cool indeed that the SNK system housed enough games which got people with different tastes to participate, this being showcased right here. but it really feels incomprehensible to my mind that someone that's into the neo can diss AOF 1 and 2 and FF1 and the others. that's not a critique, rather a reflection of how my (fanboy?) mind works.

That's fine. Like it all. As long as you know your likes and dislikes are not objective.