Philly Classic 6 in fall : (

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was kind of bored just now and thought I'd check the website to see if they had a date for the Philly Classic in March. Now I know it isn't the best show ever, but it is something I look forward to as the coming of spring, plus I can get old junk like commodore 64 monitors and sega cds. To my surprise, there is no date and it now says fall 2005 :angry: I could hear vendors complaining about sales last year, but I have to ask are there any other gaming conventions going on in the spring in the mid atlantic region?

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ralfakick said:
I was kind of bored just now and thought I'd check the website to see if they had a date for the Philly Classic in March. Now I know it isn't the best show ever, but it is something I look forward to as the coming of spring, plus I can get old junk like commodore 64 monitors and sega cds. To my surprise, there is no date and it now says fall 2005 :angry: I could hear vendors complaining about sales last year, but I have to ask are there any other gaming conventions going on in the spring in the mid atlantic region?

Fuck, I was going to take my tax money down and make the trip..... Now I don't know if I'll be able to go.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Save your cash.. you can do the whole show in 30 minutes.. and that's taking 20 minutes to pwn people on SFA3 with the annual MAME cab.

Trust me, I know.

It's not worth it unless you're into old Atari stuff or the hardcore homebrew scene.

A *lot* of stuff is way overpriced there.... ex. Fatal Fury AES in POOR condition... $60

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I enjoyed the convention last year. It was alot better then the Scifi/Anime/Gaming convention I-CON that Long Island does every year.

I loved being able to play alot of older arcade games they don't have around here anymore as well as some rare ones, Quantom??

I just hope they announce a date so I know when I should ask for time off.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Save your cash.. you can do the whole show in 30 minutes.. and that's taking 20 minutes to pwn people on SFA3 with the annual MAME cab.

This year the 1p side stick of the aforementioned cab was busted all weekend, I might add. >_<

If there was ever a gaming event that was dangerously understaffed... PhillyClassic is it, no question.