Kernow was asking about using an Agetek DC Stick on XBL (MOD IDEA)

syringe

Banned
It made me wonder how feasible it would be to gut the inside of an Agetek "Green Goblin" and use the PCB off of a 3rd Party controller or the cheapass Gamester arcade stick (I think the gamester is live compatible and has a memory card slot) and use the space for the VMU slot for the xbox memory card slot so it could be used seamlessly with an xbox live headset slot.

The joystick would have to be wired as ABXYBW no doubt and I would like to add an extra similarly colored sanwa button right by the A button on a similar curve for a more SNK-friendly layout as well and have it wired to one of the buttons on the top row as well so it would be like:

XYZ Z=Black
ZABC C=White

Could it be done without any major issues like the placement of the memory card slot on a the xbox controller PCB?

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It is totally possible to remove the pcb of the stick (and then you can use that pcb to construct an adaptor for using that stick or any other neo geo stick on DC) and replace it with a xbox controller to use the stick in the xbox. However, I am not sure up to which point will the memory card or headset be possible to fit in the slot, maybe some modding will be required.

syringe

Banned
Superficially it would seem to fit as the xbox memory card port is slightly smaller than that of the VMU and the memory cards could slide in that pre-existing slot with ease.

Amano Jacu said:
It is totally possible to remove the pcb of the stick (and then you can use that pcb to construct an adaptor for using that stick or any other neo geo stick on DC) and replace it with a xbox controller to use the stick in the xbox. However, I am not sure up to which point will the memory card or headset be possible to fit in the slot, maybe some modding will be required.