How'd they do that and.....?

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
This auction has me intrigued, how did they do it?

I find it annoying to switch between all the different jamma systems that I have in my cab, so is it possible to stack multiple jamma systems like this guy or is 2 the max? What would I need to create this, and will it work on any cab set up

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Just as a heads up, that unit powers ALL boards you plug into it weather that game is being played or not. If something bad happens to one board, they all go down together.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
ForeverSublime said:
Just as a heads up, that unit powers ALL boards you plug into it weather that game is being played or not. If something bad happens to one board, they all go down together.

Something bad?!?! As in a power surge? What else could take a board down? I have an expensive monster brand surge suppressor on my cab, I should be alright. Or am I missing something?

Thats pretty cool if it powers all boards, then it will save all the settings for each system and hi scores and such, since the power is never actualy shut off for each system.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Well, a 650$ APC surge protector didn't stop the computers at my job from getting fried.

It's more likely that something will happen between your power supply and your boards - not between your outlet and power supply.

Meh, just a word of caution. I haven't heard any horror stories. The day someone loses a one of a kind board is the day all hell breaks loose, though.

The system is cool, and I'd love to have my boards arranged on a rack and change between them at a switch of a button (and to never have to remove the jamma harness from them and wear out the edges), but I just can't stand that it powers all boards. I'd wait through the 5-10 second bootup for each board if it were that much safer.