Is anyone From NEW YORK!!!

TheLizardKing

Crossed Swords Squire
There are A TON of members from the New York/New Jersey area. You'll see them all over the forums :)

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm from Central PA (State College), but if someone could offer me a 6'x4' section of floor, and someplace to park my bike over night, I'd be perfectly willing to ride out for a weekend to play.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm from Long Island. I should be going to China Town Fair soon. My friend is leaving to go teaching English in Japan and he never went there before. If I find out what day I'm going I'll post here.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
My spring break starts on saturday, and I'm going to baltimore with my girlfriend and I think next week I should be in new york sometime. I'm wondering what all neo geo games China town fair has, and where exactly is it? I'm guessing China town...she's Chinese, so we're definitely going to be in China town, is it hard to miss?

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm still waiting for that next Chinatown Fair meetup :(

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
jaydubnb said:
BKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Hey, which section are you from?

I sleep and get my mail in the Marine Park section of Brooklyn, but I work out in Nassau County.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Can anyone tell me what Neo Geo games they have at The China Town Fair? I'm going to be in New York next week, and I'm definitely going to be stopping by for some gaming. I'm also wondering if they have NeoWave? Anyone know?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
it's been a couple of months, but unless there's been major changes you can expect to see about several MVS cabs and I'll try to describe them logistically from when you enter:

as you walk down there should be several cabs on the left with METAL SLUG 3-5 and KOF 98-2K...take note that as you reach the corner, one of those cabs also has SSV in it as well...don't expect to rely on any Mini Marquees, just trust your eyes and the onscreen action to guide you

as you reach the end of the hall there should be an MVS Cab nearest to the dance machines...this one is a real treat as it contains KOF 95, a MAGICAL DROP game, REAL BOUT SPECIAL, and KIZUNA

turn left at the corner and there should be a cab in the back that also has KOF 2K2 so don't miss that either...

*whew* there you go, I just hope this is all still accurate
:glee:

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Thanks for the info kazuki dash, I'm going to have to take more $ with me. I wasn't expecting them to have RBS or Kizuna Encounter! I'm hoping they also have NeoWave, but all those other games will be enough to keep me occupied. I hope there's a lot of competition when I go as well. When I know which day I'll definitely be there, I'll post in here so if anyone wants to meet up with me, PM me or post in here, we can exchange #'s. Are there any other worthy arcades in Manhattan?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hey Snare, I remember meeting you at Otakon last year. The only place in New York I know of with NeoWave is the Tri County Flee Market in Nassau County. Their only open on the weekends.

The guy I baught my 2 Slotter as well as many of my MVS games has an Atomiswave with NeoWave. I think I'm the only person that plays it and he's been dissapointed with how the game is doing. So if you want to play it there, move fast.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
YuckMud said:
Hey Snare, I remember meeting you at Otakon last year. The only place in New York I know of with NeoWave is the Tri County Flee Market in Nassau County. Their only open on the weekends.

The guy I baught my 2 Slotter as well as many of my MVS games has an Atomiswave with NeoWave. I think I'm the only person that plays it and he's been dissapointed with how the game is doing. So if you want to play it there, move fast.
Damn, I don't think I'm going to be in NY on the weekend, but if I am, I will try to get to nassau. How far is it from NYC? If it's too complicated I'm not likely to be up to the challenge, I would hate to get myself lost.

Came across this website while doing a search for The China Town Fair...

http://members.aol.com/Lampbane/geekspeak/directory-nyc.html#chinatownarcade

jaydubnb

Windjammers Wonder
Kazuki Dash said:
it's been a couple of months, but unless there's been major changes you can expect to see about several MVS cabs and I'll try to describe them logistically from when you enter:

as you walk down there should be several cabs on the left with METAL SLUG 3-5 and KOF 98-2K...take note that as you reach the corner, one of those cabs also has SSV in it as well...don't expect to rely on any Mini Marquees, just trust your eyes and the onscreen action to guide you

as you reach the end of the hall there should be an MVS Cab nearest to the dance machines...this one is a real treat as it contains KOF 95, a MAGICAL DROP game, REAL BOUT SPECIAL, and KIZUNA

turn left at the corner and there should be a cab in the back that also has KOF 2K2 so don't miss that either...

*whew* there you go, I just hope this is all still accurate
:glee:

I was at CTF just last week. Most of those games are still there, but let me add: NeoWave is up on the big monitor. And yeah, seeing Kizuna there was quite a shock. Not SNK related, but I was also happy to see the Powerstone machine stashed way in the back.

And speaking of arcades, has anyone been to Coney Island the last few years and see the totall FALL OFF of Faber's Fascination? It used to be the one of the top arcades in the city and now its half its size and full of crap titles. Boo.