Does 4 Slot mvs work on SUPER NOVA?

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone hook up 4 slot to a Super Nova by mas?
Do the home controllers work on this?

thanks

William

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Hey there William, yes, I run a Japanese 4 slot on an MAS Nova and it works great, lotta fun. As for home controllers, you can use them as long as your 4 slot board has home controller ports which most/many do. Hope this helps.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

[This message has been edited by gargoyle7 (edited September 22, 2000).]

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Hello William.Yeah a four slot can run off a supernova but I would not recommend it at all, as sooner rather than later it will blow the power supply of the supernova.This happened to me and it took me out of gaming for a couple of weeks.Youre best bet is to use a one slot for long term use.Of course changing the power supply on a super nova is not hard and power supplies are very cheap at least here in europe, but its still best to be on the safe side.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
In my opinion, the SuperNOVA works best with the 2-Slot MVS board, or the older 1-slot board (those are sort of hard to find, though). The 2-Slot board features headphone jacks for stereo output, 2 ports for home system controllers, and a memory card slot. So, if you can get a 2-Slot board for your NOVA, do so. Also, it's free of any voltage problems that may arise with a larger board

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Thanks everyone for the great replies.

Does it matter if it's a Japanese Slot 1 board?

Originally posted by DolphinLord:
In my opinion, the SuperNOVA works best with the 2-Slot MVS board, or the older 1-slot board (those are sort of hard to find, though). The 2-Slot board features headphone jacks for stereo output, 2 ports for home system controllers, and a memory card slot. So, if you can get a 2-Slot board for your NOVA, do so. Also, it's free of any voltage problems that may arise with a larger board