Occasional buzz on windjammers mvs...

PitBoss

n00b
Sometimes my windjammers make a sorta buzzing sound while playing.None of my other games have any problems. I've cleaned the contacts with an eraser and the problem persists.
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I have the same buzz...I have it on two (legit) Windjammers carts.

(make a sorta buzzing sound while playing)
I usually would get it after a match..as I remember..
But it's been a long time since I've played the game so I forget.

I remember that buzz because it drove me crazy cleaning the cart over and over..
It was annoying and I couldn't clear it up.

You do hear it at the same points in the game right..?

There was an old thread about where this occured in the game but I can't find it..

From my findings of having the same buzz in two carts playing in Stereo cabs it's normal..

PitBoss

n00b
Yup same place...

It usually happens in the same place. It seemed worse before I cleaned it. Does anyone think it could be a bad solder joint on one of the eeproms?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
PitBoss said:
It usually happens in the same place. It seemed worse before I cleaned it. Does anyone think it could be a bad solder joint on one of the eeproms?

Eproms..

Just how many do you see in this cart?

Does the soldering look shoddy..?

pretas

Marked Wolf
PitBoss said:

Nah, it's just the way that game is.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
PitBoss said:

That's the answer....("It usually happens in the same place")

I had two of these carts..(One I traded for Last Resort/here)..(One Jap Copy one US copy.)
Both of them had the same buzz at the same places in the game..

But, before I got that second cart I cleaned the Crap out of the contacts on the first one several times..
It was driving me crazy,before I realized it would occur at the same points in the game.
......then I thought must be a problem with the cart/soldering bad program etc... before I learned here that :"some games just have flakey sound, period".. as ttooddddyy said..

ttooddddyy said:
some games just have flakey sound, period. Blazing Star is another example

Agreed... :)

PitBoss said:

pretas said:
Nah, it's just the way that game is.

Agreed..........

PitBoss

n00b
THANKS!!

Thank you very much for the help! I geuss I'll just live with it seeing as I like the game quite a bit. :glee: