mudman and shiki in nbc!!!!!!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
provided that iggy is right, he hasnt been wrong before so.....

im taking it as fact anyways, again he's got the early hookups to magazine info :)

thanks to iggy for the info :

【Original】Yûki, Ai
【Garô】Terry, Geese, Mai, Kim, Tung, Rock, Hotaru, Chonshu, Chonrei.
【Ryûkô】 Mr.KARATE2nd (Ryô), Robert, Mr.BIG, Lee Pailong.
【SS】Haômaru, Nakoruru, Asura, Shiki, Kibagami.
【Gekka】Kaede, Akari, Washizuka, Moriya.
【ADK】 Hanzô, Fûma, Mudman, Kisara
【random】Marco, Cyber Woo
【Kusoge】K', Kyô, Iori, Shermie.

Rody (Top hunter), Krauzer, Duck King, Honfu, Cheng and that girl with a whip from Ryûkô gaiden are in the background.

The system is KOF-ish, except there is no back roll nor middle jump.
The supers are level 1-2-3 (I guess for Rock : level 1 - raging storm / Level 2 Shining knuckle / Level 3 - Deadly Rave Neo ? What about the characters who have less than 3 supers, like the WH or the SS ?)
There are 2 double assault :C+E orD+E.
There will be special systems (?)

Still no thrower and no big character. Shiki was a given, and the chances of Suija or Gedô are slimer than ever, but still... MUDMAN !!!! I wouldn't spit on Rasputin or Captain Kid, but I'm extremely happy. One more My Chara.

Curt

apostate
zOMG!

Teh Shiki!

Buttrox0rz.

shiki-snktaunt.gif

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
That's awesome. I don't really care for Mudman, but I will like to learn him in this new game. Captain Kid would have been badass (only world heroes character that I love to death). Man, can we not get enough characters in this? MvsC2 better look out with this selection.

Spike

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I always hated mudmad, but it's good to see more world heroes characters in the game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
by middle jumps they mean hops, right?

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
not bad, but unless there's only one spot remaining why would they only announce two characters this time around?

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
k'_127 said:

I presume they mean the down-up-down jump. Somehow most people seem to ignore the four levels of jumping and only ever consider three.

Taken from KoF '96:

Tap up (small jump)
Down-up-down (super jump)
Normal jump
Down-up (big jump)

So which did we really lose?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Krauser in the background?
Fuck it, Krauser gets deleted from the roster all the time. Oh yeah, we definately 'need' both chon bros, but no krauser?

GEESE, MR BIG, ____________

Bullshit, it aint right.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Shiki? I could see that coming... :annoyed:

Mudman is an interesting choice for sure.

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
Mudman is great news, but no middle jumps? I don't want a "shoryuken party" in this game... :oh_no:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Shiki... They'll just rip the SVC Chaos sprite, so that's bad news.
Gimme more World Heroes characters, at least they'll be re-designed
from scratch.

Richard & Judy

NEST Puppet
Catoblepa said:
Shiki... They'll just rip the SVC Chaos sprite, so that's bad news.
Gimme more World Heroes characters, at least they'll be re-designed
from scratch.

The shiki sprite is how many years old, I mean id understand if they were using something from 94 etc... but its bound to be equal to the redrawns even if it is a rip from SvC.

I doubt playmore are as carefree on that sort of thing, when they are so keen to show their graphical talents.

Im really glad she made it

As for mudman im not really bothered, thats because im not a WH fan.

Is Kisara also from Aggressors of Dark Combat?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
I presume they mean the down-up-down jump. Somehow most people seem to ignore the four levels of jumping and only ever consider three.

Taken from KoF '96:

Tap up (small jump)
Down-up-down (super jump)
Normal jump
Down-up (big jump)

So which did we really lose?

I doubt that, since they have left the hops in SVC and at least, they would have noted what you''ve just said if it was so.

why would they remove "fast hop" anyway, if they left the normal hops.

hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

using KOF's fighting engine - hops = a disabled monkey wandering cluelessly in a desert on a wheel chair

:loco:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
No, hops are there.

A hop/Small jump is -- tap up or tap forward-up

A normal jump is -- a normal jump

A middle jump is -- tap down, TAP up (or forward-up)... or TAP up during a dash. If you read a Gamest or Arcadia KOF mook, 90% of the combos they list start with a middle jump. Ironically, it's the hardest jump for me to consistently hit correctly.

A Big/super jump is -- tap down, HOLD up or forward-up.

Happy about Mudman. A very colorful character...not my first choice to further represent WH, but far from my last choice. Shiki was expected, pretty much a given (in my mind anyway), but maybe she'll have a different dynamic if this game doesn't have Guard Cancel Step. I'm a complete SVC n00b, but that seems to be everyone's complaint with her there... that she's easilly punished because you can GCS all her normals.

Anyhow, good news if true. That would bring the roster to 34 (if you count Orochi versions of New Face Team, Rugal and Kusanagi, KOF '02 has 44 characters...). More to come...?

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Nice choices, though Shiki isn't exactly in need to be thrown into another game, don't really mind it though. I don't see how these characters are in and Duck King and Eiji are out though... :oh_no:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Shiki was a given, yet awesome choice. I hope they retouch her sprite sufficiently enough so she doesn't look like a paint smear like she did in SvC.

Mudman has always come off to me like a far less impressive Tam Tam, but hopefully SNKP can redevelop him so he doesn't look and act so lame.

nazi muerto abono pa mi huerto

Overtop Pathfinder
Fygee said:
Mudman has always come off to me like a far less impressive Tam Tam, but hopefully SNKP can redevelop him so he doesn't look and act so lame.

noooo! we need a freak in this game!

shiki? please no mars people or earthquake...

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
Krauser in the background?
Fuck it, Krauser gets deleted from the roster all the time. Oh yeah, we definately 'need' both chon bros, but no krauser?
GEESE, MR BIG, ____________
Bullshit, it aint right.

I feel yopu pan man, I really do. The Chon bors were BY FAR the worst choice for this game. We need a return of the boss team.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
No, hops are there.

A hop/Small jump is -- tap up or tap forward-up

A normal jump is -- a normal jump

A middle jump is -- tap down, TAP up (or forward-up)... or TAP up during a dash. If you read a Gamest or Arcadia KOF mook, 90% of the combos they list start with a middle jump. Ironically, it's the hardest jump for me to consistently hit correctly.

A Big/super jump is -- tap down, HOLD up or forward-up.

whooo, I'm so relieved.

as for how to pull a middle jump, I do it this way:

do a [qcf] motion and continue the rotatioin to the upper forward corner. don't hold forward/up. just pull that motion quickly and leave the stick/D-pad. of course you should be standing before doing so (not crouching). very similar to Tekken's qcf moves.

I think this is the easiest way to do it. it becomes very easy after some practice.

it's strange that we still don't have grapplers, except for Shermie.

anyone remembers when the game was first annouced few months back? we were like WTF? 20 characters only!? just look at the roster now :D

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
I feel yopu pan man, I really do. The Chon bors were BY FAR the worst choice for this game. We need a return of the boss team.
You need to add an IMO in there. As in, "IMO, the Jin bros. are excellent choices." Despite what some people who probably haven't played much Real Bout or FF3 might say, it takes more than a projectile and an anti-air move to make someone a shoto clone.

Jin bros. make up 2 of the 3 characters I'm looking forward most to playing in this. They are cool...IMO.