Game Select on Consolized not working, HELP!

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
I have just recently purchased a 2 slot MVS board with plans to consolize it. I have hooked up sc200 power supply, neo bitz video converter, and line level audio converter and everything works fine. One problem does persist though. It will not allow me to cycle through games using select on the controller in either port (which works on my 4 slot) and when I try to wire up a button directly to the jamma connector to cycle through games it also does nothing. On a side note, the memory card reader has been removed (suck!). Is there anything I can do to get the game select to work? It is awful waiting for the games to naturally cycle!

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
You tried connecting a momentary (on)-off switch to both pin 26 and ground? BOTH, right?
If you're using the on-board controller ports, the select button switch only works if you have a Unibios I believe.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Go into the service menu and change the select from "only credited" to "free." Maybe that is your problem.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
You tried connecting a momentary (on)-off switch to both pin 26 and ground? BOTH, right?
If you're using the on-board controller ports, the select button switch only works if you have a Unibios I believe.

No, it's independent of the bios. 300wins has the correct solution: if you go to soft DIPs and set select to "ANYTIME" it will work. And there's no difference between pin 26 and the select pin on the controller ports as they're connected together, which makes the select switch on your consolized 2-slot superfluous...

Last edited:

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Man, I completely forgot about that! I figured it should be working because I set DIP 7 on free. I totally spaced the menu settings! Thank you guys so much. I have been pulling my hair out about this. Now the only thing wrong with my board is the memory card reader that has been removed. Does anyone have a broken 2 slot or separate memory card reader I can steal one from? Ha! Thanks again everybody!